Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2006, 04:42 PM

3 posts, read 5,388 times

Advertisements

Thinking of a possible relocation to Wyoming. Sheridan looks promising on paper. How's the employment situation? I have 8 years tractor-trailer experience with tank and hazmat. Would I be able to find affordable housing for a family of three on a trucker's salary? Any comments appreciated. I hope to come out to Sheridan to take a look around late summer/early fall. Thanks!

Jim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2006, 06:48 PM

Location: Gillette, WY, Layton, UT, Alameda, CA, Fairfield, CA, Fort Collins, CO, Denver, CO, Chandler, AZ
31 posts, read 150,762 times
Default Sheridan

Sheridan is great place, but housing prices are going up. You might look at Buffalo 30 miles to the south which is a beautiful smaller town. Employment should be no problem for your trade, especially with a Hazmat endorsement. Coal-Bed Methane (CBM) is growing in activity from Gillette to Sheridan with the Big George field. Anyways, you can not go wrong from Tongue River to Buffalo with the Big Horn Mountains sitting in your back pocket.

Old 05-04-2006, 05:01 PM

thanks, wildman!

Anyone else want to throw in their comments, don't be shy!

Jim

Old 05-12-2006, 01:25 PM

4 posts, read 14,957 times
5-12-06

Jim:
Just seen your email, Sheridan is an awesome place went to college there, but to be honest the hot spot in Wyoming right now is around Wamsutter and the Rawlins area. We have a new pipe line that is coming thru the state and I know for a fact that Wamsutter is booming, my Dad worked the oil fields there for twenty years for Marathon and Scurlock-Permium and I hear through the oil field grape vine that if you can pass a drug test you can "get-r-dun" so just thought I would throw that at ya! Good luck and hopefully you'll be a Wyomingite soon!

Pam

Old 05-17-2006, 06:01 PM

Thanks, Pam! I'll check out those two places also.

Jim

Old 01-06-2007, 11:43 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,108,777 times
Jim, Sheridan is an excellent place. I just looked on Job Services and found about 8 jobs wanting tractor trailer drivers. Good pay.

Here's the website. Once you register, you can select a city and it will show you all the jobs available in that area. You might also check Ranchester and Buffalo. Both seem to be trucking pivot points.

https://www.wyomingatwork.com/

Old 01-06-2007, 03:41 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,061,145 times
I think it is a great place to live. We will be moving there Feb. From everything I have researched it is great, the only downside is the housing is a bit tight to find rentals, lots for sale, but slightly inflated. Still doable though compared to where I am moving from in OR.

Great schools, nice people, not to big, not to small of a town..

Best of luck to you and your family..

My husband just got a job there for more than he is making here. We also looked on working in wyoming's website..

Old 01-09-2007, 08:02 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,108,777 times
Default Elbow Room?

I got a kick out of the name of the thread and had to put this in.

In Wyoming, you'll have room for both elbows.

Old 01-17-2007, 01:27 PM

43 posts, read 147,175 times
Thanks for that "room for both elbows" comments - I've used it a couple of times now and people really get a kick out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming