Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2018, 01:48 PM

3 posts, read 2,603 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm looking for input on Verizon lte service in Star Valley Ranch. Would be great if someone could give input for Cedar Dr. or a street nearby. I purchased a house site unseen and realtor/ect. hasnt been very informative. Verizon's service maps show lte service there, but that never seems to be accurate.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2018, 04:47 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,500,166 times
Perhaps if it comes to it, ask your realtor to drive by and see. The maps looks pretty solid for that area, if you are out in the flat areas of rising ground.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:31 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,201,151 times
I live on the South end of Star Valley Ranch. We have Verizon and it works well for cellular service. We've been happy with our Verizon service, we had AT&T before moving to SVR, but that didn't work well at all in SVR. Just be aware that up in Jackson Verizon doesn't work well and AT&T works better and the same goes for Afton also. So don't expect great service everywhere in the valley, it kind of works well in pockets.

Old 11-02-2018, 05:59 AM

3 posts, read 2,603 times
Thank you Crazy4Chickens. I guess I'll just have to see when I arrive for the closing. I was there at the first of the year but really didn't pay attention to my service. Maybe I should have.
One other question. How is it living there in SVR in regards to the HOA? Ive lived in HOA's in the past where some were great and people minded their own business as long as it wasn't an obvious infraction. And others where there were so many busy bodies that looked for any frivolous thing they could complain about. it was just miserable. Like they would purposely drive around looking for something to write a complaint about.

Old 11-02-2018, 10:15 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,201,151 times
I think for the most part it depends on where you live in SVR. If you're on the golf course, they can be a stickler about the rules I've heard. If your on the South end like I am, or over off of Cedar Creek they seem to be less likely to call you in for things. It also depends on who your neighbors are and if they are the busy body type, or more relaxed.

I'll put it this way we've lived here for two years and we haven't had any issues or warnings about anything, and we're not perfect about following all of the rules. If it's something major, yeah you'll get a letter or whatnot, but if you have four cars parked on your property instead of three or less, they'll let that slide.

I didn't want to live with a HOA, but it's been less of a hassle then I thought it would be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming