Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2018, 12:09 PM

2 posts, read 2,350 times

Advertisements

I hope this isn't considered too trivial a thing to make a thread about but I was wondering if anyone could tell me who all is in Lost Springs now.

Maybe it sounds ridiculous but part of me is interested in moving there at some point or to some other extremely low population area. I don't actually expect there to be any unoccupied housing but that would be great. I've got a trucker friend I suggested the idea to and he feels from a casual lookover of a map and whatnot he could actually see himself setting up there as he just wants to live somewhere super secluded and there are truck stops close by on either side of the town.

I read in an old article the mayor Leda Price was looking for people to continue on the town after she's gone and the two of us are pretty young. If we could rent out a spot in the Lost Bar or something that'd be cool. Then we could bump the place up to a whopping 6 people compared to 4. I'd think even about slowly buying the bar if it wasn't a zillion dollars.

Also, it just occurred to me to say I'd be grateful for any trivia anyone thinks might be interesting about the surrounding area. I find it neat that there's a ghost town to the right and left of the place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2018, 02:50 PM

788 posts, read 1,741,611 times
You, me and everyone else would live there if it was possible. Drove thru there last week..it is breathtakingly beautiful country. Be warned...that area is prone to pretty extreme weather. But FYi there are quite a few little "towns" like that in Wyoming. Wouldn't bank on you finding a place to rent exactly "in" the town (although there are a lot of ranches in the area). You are probably looking at moving in a trailer or building something. but for a truck driver it might be doable..2 hrs approx from I-25.

EDIT:. No truck stops in the area... might want to visit before making any decisions lol

Old 08-31-2018, 03:48 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,940,699 times
I thought Lost Springs had only one person. I didn't realize it grew.

Old 08-31-2018, 04:44 PM

3,648 posts, read 6,290,042 times
I know a couple of the ranchers that use lost spring as their address, but like here in Carlile that a 20 mile circle

Old 08-31-2018, 04:47 PM

507 posts, read 662,079 times
Lost Springs has generally been home to 4. At one time I think it dropped down to 1, while Buford has traditionally been home to 1.

The only Lost Springs I know of is in Converse County just a little west of the Niobrara County line. It is only 18 miles from I-25, so wouldn't be two hours. There is a truck stop at Orin Junction (18 Miles) or Three Sisters at Manville (15 Miles) or
Outpost at Lusk, (which is 25 Miles). These are truck stops on Hwy 18/20 and 85. If you didn't come up with a surefire new
business scheme, you could always commute to Douglas (30 miles).

Old 08-31-2018, 05:38 PM

322 posts, read 587,626 times
not far from the women's prison in Lusk, so there may be opportunities for volunteer work

Old 08-31-2018, 07:00 PM

2 posts, read 2,350 times
Yeah, to clarify I'm talking about Converse County Lost Springs. I'm thinking I'll join my buddy in trucking and do team driving. Also, yeah, those were the two stops he considered close.

I got the urge to make a thread after I saw the city data page listing 4 females and zero guys. I thought, gasp, what a development, maybe the only couple officially residing there broke up or left.

Old 08-31-2018, 07:35 PM

507 posts, read 662,079 times
I live about an hour from there, but don't go through very often. Tend to take Hwy 270 shortcut from Guernsey to Lusk or
Black Hills region. Highways meet at Manville. 3 Sisters is noted for good pies. Used to be nobody on 270 but the greenies and rabbit chokers have figured it out. I think their gps doohickeys send them that way. Tourists take the 18/20 from I-25
along with train chasers. Lots of coal trains passing Lost Springs. Ranchers meet up on Main Street.

I dunno, a fifty percent increase in population all of a sudden could be hard on infrastructure, housing, traffic, property taxes, etc. Wonder if they are ready for that kind of growth. But they are incorporated, so would get more money from the state.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:36 PM

156 posts, read 189,291 times
There's some 35-40 acre parsels for sale just west of Lance Creek in Cedar Canyon. That's about 30 minutes north of Lost Springs.

Hunting Deer Turkey Antelope at Cedar Canyon Ranch in Wyoming.

Old 10-17-2018, 05:42 PM

3,648 posts, read 6,290,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbelt57 View Post
There's some 35-40 acre parsels for sale just west of Lance Creek in Cedar Canyon. That's about 30 minutes north of Lost Springs.

Hunting Deer Turkey Antelope at Cedar Canyon Ranch in Wyoming.
that 35 acre to and animal unit country... so one horse...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: