Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2007, 03:44 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,061,979 times

Advertisements

Well, I am sad to say that the place we are renting, the people are becoming more and more unfriendly/hostile towards us and to top it off, they are raising the rent by 100 dollars in February out of nowhere. Their reasoning was because they checked the rental prices in town and could be making more money. I kid you not that is exactly what they told my husband on the phone.

The sad thing is that they know we are struggling and just trying to get by till we can buy something.

We are in the process of getting with USDA to helps us buy a place. But we can only move so fast.

Anyway, the last straw was today, when my husband just about got hollered at for something I put in an old cabin that is right next to us, that I was personally told I could put there by the lady that oversees this ranch. All it was, was a plant. This same lady just got done smarting off to my husband and taking it out of the cabin. This is one of the many hostile instances we have been through. This is minor compared to other experience we have had. We always pay our rent on time, and our utilities, yet she has always found a reason to be hostile and cross over what she can pull out of her hat. We are 99% sure she called her brother in Colorado that is the "official" landlord and convinced him to raise our rent, because he was missing out on making a buck off of us basically. The amount of money we pay in electric and propane and rent is a mortgage payment. so we just can't see staying here. This place is literally unsound and falling apart and just barely holds heat.

So we are in desperate needs of an affordable place to stay until we can buy. We are in the process of filling out paperwork and seeing even we can even get approved for a USDA loan.

So if anyone knows of a place available in Sheridan please let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2007, 04:13 PM

264 posts, read 1,095,788 times
$950 - House for Rent - 2bdr (broken link)

There's also a 3bd, 2 1/2 bath home in Buffalo advertised in the local newspaper for $1250/mo as well as some 1 bdr apartments. Not sure what your budget is. Good luck. If you want the number to the places in Buffalo, DM me.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:05 PM

Thanks Navy Vet, those are a bit out of our reach. But thank you for keeping your eyes peeled for us

I will keep in touch Jgussler, if we can play our cards right we want to be in a place of our own sometime in spring.

So we would need a place through the winter, but I will stay in touch...

I wish you the best on the job in Egypt. I don't blame you for not liking the commute LOL

Old 11-26-2007, 01:58 PM

95 posts, read 261,912 times
Kristy Too bad to hear of your troubles. Ill keep my eyes out for you good luck

Old 11-29-2007, 08:17 PM

39 posts, read 247,683 times
I will keep my ears open, also for you. I know when we moved here in July, we grabbed the first thing we could that was pretty reasonable. I had help from a realtor.....he came in a had me call on it the moment he heard. We will stay here until my grandson is out of school in June. This has given us time to decide which part of the area we would like to live in. JGussler was also a big help.
Do you have any pets? What would you be looking for? In town or out of town? Would you go out Ranchester or Dayton way?

Old 12-07-2007, 05:04 PM

We have to outdoor cats...

Thank you so much for keeping your eyes open for us.

I just got the propane tank filled the other day, so in order to not lose money we now have to stay here till the beginning of Feb. and in February is when the rent is going up too

If we cannot find a rental my hubby may have to take a job down in Arkansas, near where he is originally from so we can find an affordable place to rent and live. Our current landlord is taking our money and fixing nothing pretty much. In my 3 year old daughter's room is a sharp piece of broken glass I had to hide and close up because of it possibly hurting her and the list just goes on and on...

I will really miss it here though if it turns out we have to move, I truly think Wyoming is a beautiful state..

Dh does have a job offer with a bit more pay, and the owner offered to help us find a rental, so that may be a possibility too, so we are crossing our fingers..

Thanks so much for all of your help

Old 12-07-2007, 06:21 PM

789 posts, read 1,746,489 times
Kris - I take it you are renting directly from the person who owns the property - if it makes you feel any better, I had a similar really bad experience doing the same. I think part of the problem is, if you ask them to fix something, ect. the cost of the item and the time it takes to do so is coming directly out of their pocket. Of course it is their responsibility and that is the downside of being a landlord but then to get even they will start to accuse the tenant of being neglectful of the property and they get very defensive and territorial......anyway that is what happened to me.

I had better luck renting thru a property management company - they were much more professional and didn't take it personal when i made maintenance requests.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:32 PM

I think you are right rya700, sometimes it is a gamble to rent from private owners and sometimes it is great... The defensive and territorial part is very accurate with our present landlord.

Sadly a lot of the apartments and stuff are full up, but I guess I could always get on a waiting list if I had to...

My husband and I were talking tonight, and we are just gonna stick it out here as long as we can... We really do like it here a lot, and this job offer than pays more is in the area. Because we are not getting any calls back from people in Arkansas. I think the economy has really slowed down here.

So we may just pay a little bit higher rent temporarily till we can buy, so we can stay here. Cause I would hate to waste all the hard work to make it here...

Last edited by Kristynwy; 12-07-2007 at 11:33 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: