Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 05:26 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,057,790 times

Advertisements

James,

Right now, the Methane fields are the Boom. They're saying that the Boom will last at least 10 years. But I figure that's so they can get people in and get houses built. But realistically, I'm saying another 5 years and the boom is going to bust. Methane will still be here, so that's not the problem. But right now, their laying all the pipeline to move the methane. So there's lots of jobs.

If you can take a job, for a little less, that's maintaining methane stations, you'll have a job for many years. But the pipeline and the well digging, I figure 5 years tops.

Maintaining the wells pays around $20-22 bucks an hour. With all the overtime you can safely put in. The pipelines are running $30 per hour or higher. Again, lots of overtime. But the pipeline business will reach an end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2007, 01:21 PM

5 posts, read 76,510 times
That sounds great to me! I'm honestly not going out there to make a ton of money, just enough to keep myself alive. I'm doing this more for the experience, to live my life to the fullest basically. As stupid as that may sound, I have the mindset that I am only going to live once, so I want to do as much as I can.

Also, what is the average age range of people working out there? Do you think I would find many people in my age range? (I'll be 19 going on 20 when I make the move)

Thanks a lot =)

Old 09-16-2007, 03:43 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,057,790 times
A lot of the guys are old boomers but there's plenty of new blood out there. You'll run into guys your age.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:09 AM

4 posts, read 12,904 times
Default employment

I am a surveyor, filling in.
Prudhoe Bay, AK
working 3 or 4 weeks on and off, 12 hr days.
housing included and also food.
Does any of the WY fields offer this?
Thanks
Bryan

Old 08-26-2012, 01:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,310 times
i am seeking employment on any oil field in wyoming or any other state for that matter.I dont have any experience working on an oil field but i do have years of experience in operating heavy equipment. am willing to start at the bottom and go from there.my wife and i currently live in carthage, mo. and want to relocate. i want to be honest i do have 1 felony record that was 6 yrs. ago. if any one could give me a push in the right direction it would be greatley apperciated, [Mod cut]

Last edited by ElkHunter; 08-26-2012 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: Removed email address
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming