Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 06:30 PM

11 posts, read 18,284 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are visiting Sheridan for Labor Day weekend. So, if you only have 2 days to visit the area, what would you do? Can't beat local knowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 05:07 PM

1,983 posts, read 1,717,765 times
My wife and I had only four days in Sheridan. Here's what we enjoyed the most: Walking Main Street and going into each and every establishment. Wonderfully welcoming shopkeepers, clean streets and everyone tells you the unvarnished truth.

(Tell Monte at The Mint we said 'Hi.')

The food at the local restaurants was great - Monte can tell you the name of the great sandwich place one block behind and two blocks down from his place. I can't remember the name, only how to get there.

There is a very nice lady at the Sheridan Inn who loves to tell all the secrets of Buffalo Bill Cody when he was there. We enjoyed her knowledge.

ElkHunter can give you the name of the greatest diner we've eaten at in years. It's in Ranchester, about ten miles up the road. Hamburgers/cheeseburgers of world class quality. The waitresses want to know where you are from because they put pins in a map to mark where all their customers are from. I think they have all fifty states and a lot of the countries.

Interesting thing about people in Sheridan. They start their greeting with, "How are you?" And they won't continue the conversation until you tell them. They actually want to know!

Enjoy your visit - we did.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:37 PM

Thank you very much, Rescue3!!!

Old 08-29-2011, 05:45 PM

215 posts, read 671,519 times
If you have time you may want to take in Don King Days that are held on Sunday and Monday at the Big Horn Equestrian Center. This is always a good time. It is a mixture of good old rodeo events mixed in with some polo all held on the polo fields. I hope whatever you decide to do that you enjoy our area and plan to return with more time

Old 08-29-2011, 06:58 PM

322 posts, read 592,620 times
When I read the thread title my first reaction was what Rescue3 wrote – walk Main Street.

Don’t hesitate to walk 2 blocks east on East Alger Street to enjoy Sheridan’s fantastic brew pub, although you will find the various current brews from the Black Tooth Brewery on tap in many of the local watering holes. You can also order food delivered to the brew pub from several of Sheridan’s favorite restaurants. This is an arrangement where the pub supplies the take-out menus. Be there for happy hour and you will meet a lot of local color.

Butch will be the guy dressed as a drugstore cowboy. Don’t be fooled. He’s the real thing.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:16 PM

Thank you for the info so far. Does anyone know what time the Don King Days begin on Sunday?

Old 08-30-2011, 12:46 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,306,759 times
You can always have coffee at my place. And maybe dip a fishing pole.

I had the greatest joy of meating R3 and his wife. We had a great lunch, took a drive, had a blast.

Come on over, we'll throw a bisquit on the bar-b.

I had to back up and edit this. 2 days in Sheridan, just won't cut it.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:32 PM

EH, if we have time, I want to head up to Ranchester. Maybe we can stop by and say "hi". There is a log home company in Ranchester, that I want to visit also. I agree that 2 days is not enough, but hopefully we will live there some day soon.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:18 AM

215 posts, read 671,519 times
Don King Days start at 11 am

Old 08-31-2011, 06:56 PM

Thank you jkb826.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming