Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 12:43 AM
ako

140 posts, read 338,144 times

Advertisements

Palau, at least I think it's the most beautiful TROPICAL country in the world.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:47 AM

814 posts, read 2,309,879 times
the asian continent is beautiful from the tropical southeastern countries to china. i think china is very beautiful and lovely, they have beautiful misty scenery. new zealand is beautiful and also parts of the middle east. heck, there are some really pretty places everywhere, it's hard to choose.

breathtaking pics of china
http://www.funmansion.com/pics/beautiful_china.html

Last edited by leaana; 05-08-2009 at 01:53 AM..

Old 05-08-2009, 01:22 AM

455 posts, read 1,019,573 times
My vote goes for New Zealand for how small the country is and the diversity of landscape/climactic zones within that small area.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:15 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,825,516 times
I am from the U.S. but i have traveled all over.While their maybe some places I have never been to that are equally as nice,I have to say the USA has those "purple mountains majesty and amber waves of grain from sea to shining sea".We have deserts in the west,tropical oasis from Hawaii to Puerto Rico and the U.S.Virgin Islands,Mountains in Alaska,everything you could want in a landscape.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:15 AM

286 posts, read 1,401,225 times
My top 5 New Zeland, South Africa, Argentina, France and US.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
I am from the U.S. but i have traveled all over.While their maybe some places I have never been to that are equally as nice,I have to say the USA has those "purple mountains majesty and amber waves of grain from sea to shining sea".We have deserts in the west,tropical oasis from Hawaii to Puerto Rico and the U.S.Virgin Islands,Mountains in Alaska,everything you could want in a landscape.
sorry, can't let you get away with that. there may be some places that are nicer than america in landscape or have something great america doesn't, not just "EQUAL" to. it's okay if everything is equal if americans are on the top. lol

i don't understand why americans constantly have to subtly downgrade or discredit the possibility that other countries may have something beautiful that is different or more beautiful. it always has to belong or owned by america in some way too, otherwise it's not acceptable. you just are asking for the backlash from the arrogance.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:25 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,825,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaana View Post
sorry, can't let you get away with that. there may be some places that are nicer than america in landscape or have something great america doesn't, not just "EQUAL" to. it's okay if everything is equal if americans are on the top. lol

i don't understand why americans constantly have to subtly downgrade or discredit the possibility that other countries may have something beautiful that is different or more beautiful. it always has to belong or owned by america in some way too, otherwise it's not acceptable. you just are asking for the backlash from the arrogance.
It is my opinion based on my travels.It is subjective.Everyone has their own criteria for their decisions.Just be cause I am proud that makes me arrogant? Well i'm sorry my pride offends you,but that's your problem not mine.I gave you my reasons for why I thought that way and I thought they were rational and logical.You may not agree with my opinions as they are MINE and MINE only.

I never once said no other countries have the beauty of America.What I thought I was saying was that America is a big country with everything from rain forest to deserts.Whether or not its more beautiful is entirely based on each individual.Do not try to make me out to be something I'm not because it reinforces your insane stereotypes about Americans.

Anyway everyplace has a beauty that is different.Some places have the same things that can be found everywhere.A beach is a beach.Whether or not a person likes one better than the other is once again the opinion of the person who is viewing it.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:58 PM

18,359 posts, read 26,543,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaana View Post

It's not downgrading other places to say what they did. There are certainly many beautiful places in the world: Russia, the Amazon, much of Western and Eastern Europe, various places in Asia, Africa, the Middle East. But it is a fact that a person could have nearly any sort of climate/surroundings they want in the U.S. because there's so much diversity in the U.S. Why confine one's self to a tropical place or whatever, when one can be in the tropics one day and in the Arctic or the deciduous forests of Northern New England the next...

Old 05-08-2009, 02:04 PM

2,975 posts, read 8,123,649 times
Scotland, diverse countryside, greenery, rolling hills, mountains, lochs, castles, beautiful cities and quiant little villages.

NZ and Scotland are very alike.

USA, diverse countryside, beautiful cities lots to love about the country.

Spain, same.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
It's not downgrading other places to say what they did. There are certainly many beautiful places in the world: Russia, the Amazon, much of Western and Eastern Europe, various places in Asia, Africa, the Middle East. But it is a fact that a person could have nearly any sort of climate/surroundings they want in the U.S. because there's so much diversity in the U.S. Why confine one's self to a tropical place or whatever, when one can be in the tropics one day and in the Arctic or the deciduous forests of Northern New England the next...
huh? no it's not. i can't find a place like malaysia or the islands of the southeast in america. it's pretty unrealistic to consider weather only as meaning since it's not considering the culture and lifestyle of the place! also the landscape is different because the city planning and atmosphere will be very different! not only that no two islands or land is exactly the same including foilage and wildlife. this very cut and dried, black and white american way of thinking is really downright aggravating and misleading. you can't equate the mountains of colorado and snow as meaning they are the same as every snow covered mountain and country in the world or equate it as being the same experience! that is just so unrealistic anyways. my gawd... what is the problem with americans that they are just about the only ones who consistently think like this and makes these claims??? i'm frigging serious.

no one else does this!!! even if another country had some landscape or weather that could be construed as similar to some place in america like duh, we have beaches and tropical weather, they sure as hell don't go so far as a moronic statement like "well, once you've seen one then you've seen them all!!! why go anywhere else?! wth, there's the sun(point finger) and the beach!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World