Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 05:02 AM

4,865 posts, read 10,530,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Well I remember ( for example) Neuling's post where he expressed the same kind of sentiment towards BLOND women. And he is definitely white.
I do suspect that some of us have some type of coding ( some people definitely have it stronger than other) of what they find particularly attractive and what's a no-go, when it comes to physical attraction.
It's almost like something is dictating it. I suspect it has got something to do with genetics, and as I've already said, in some people this "call" is much more pronounced than in other.
I don't think it has to do with genetics, I heard once that a major factor in who your "type" is is who you've have successful sexual experiences with in the past or who you've had a romantic interest in in the past. People tend to seek out similar features in future partners. Racially, people thus tend to prefer people who look like those in their community or who they see all the time if they're from a more racially homogenous location. If they grow up in a more diverse place without significant social friction, they might be more likely to associate individuals from other races with positive sexual experiences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 08:52 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Well I remember ( for example) Neuling's post where he expressed the same kind of sentiment towards BLOND women. And he is definitely white.
I do suspect that some of us have some type of coding ( some people definitely have it stronger than other) of what they find particularly attractive and what's a no-go, when it comes to physical attraction.
It's almost like something is dictating it. I suspect it has got something to do with genetics, and as I've already said, in some people this "call" is much more pronounced than in other.
Yeah it's a combination of genetic and external factors. Like I don't think there's anything genetic about a black man ONLY dating white women, it's obviously conditioned.

Not saying it's unnatural for him to be attracted to white women, just ONLY white women, which is a situation which WOULD NOT exist in nature. Same goes for any race ONLY dating another race.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:18 AM

1 posts, read 2,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintgum84 View Post
Frankly no. South Asian women are often gorgeous from Pakistan and North India - maybe up to Delhi. They are often slender, a range of brown from very light to nice medium brown, beautiful hair and big eyes.

Southern Indian and Lankan women tend to be shorter, more pug featured and much darker. Frankly, northern South Asians (Pakistan and North Indians) are very different from the Southern types in physical appearance.

Pashtun and Punjabi women are esp pretty - Tamil ladies, not at all.

All the Punjabi and Pakistani women I know are fat and pug featured....maybe you've never met any attractive south asian or Sri Lankan girls, like I haven't met those 'pretty' punjabi women like the ones you've seen.....stop generalising, every race has beautiful and ugly women

Old 05-04-2013, 05:23 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,887,822 times
I have no single idea what Indian Desi even is for a start.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:40 PM

184 posts, read 472,977 times
i've seen too many beautiful girls from all races to favour/discount one over the other.

Old 09-15-2020, 01:16 AM

1,002 posts, read 908,907 times
wow .. I saw Indian girls are really beautiful on tik tok compared to Indonesian girls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsLUyyu7qVs&pp=QAA%3D

Old 09-15-2020, 02:58 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,500,936 times
I know a girl who is half Sri Lankan and half German. Let’s just say she’s smokin.

Old 09-15-2020, 04:46 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,035,458 times
Living in SE UK means that as a young man I was surrounded by women with all sorts of racial backgrounds, I think I dated pretty much every 'type' of women, from the palest blond to the darkest and everyone of them I (obviously) found attractive. The beautiful lady I settled down with is bi-racial, Jamaican father, white European mother, be honest guys I think we all find attractive women attractive whatever their genetic makeup and that includes lovely ladies from the Indian sub-continent.

Old 09-15-2020, 01:00 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,411,716 times
Yes I have met several beautiful dark skin Indian women. They are usually not open to dating outside their own. WHen they do they usually go for a white guy.

Old 09-16-2020, 11:15 AM

525 posts, read 454,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
Being Indian myself, I am not attracted to them in the least. I find the concept of sleeping with an Indian woman almost incestuous. I would feel like she was my sister or something and that's the worst turnoff ever. Yes, I know I'm weird. I wonder if there are other men like me.
It's not entirely correlated to skin colour. For example I find white women the most attractive, but I also find Ethiopian women more attractive than Indian women, despite the fact that Ethiopian women are darker. I guess the exoticism overrules skin colour to a degree. I think a psychologist could write a nice research paper on this.
OMG I’m the exact same way!!!! (except I’m a straight girl) But as another poster said, maybe it has something to do with growing up in a place with few desis outside of family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World