Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 11:46 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,334,431 times

Advertisements

I'm convinced TVS is just schtick. No way this is real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 11:56 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,301,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I want to know why he isn't working? I wonder if his boss knows he's screwing around on the Internet?

Old 06-09-2010, 12:46 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,296,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I want to know why he isn't working? I wonder if his boss knows he's screwing around on the Internet?
I'm obviously OFF today unlike you who is playing on the internet while working.

Old 06-09-2010, 12:54 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,301,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I'm obviously OFF today unlike you who is playing on the internet while working.
Yup. I just closed a million dollar deal, so my boss really doesn't care.

(I'm not actually in sales, but this deal fell into my lap and my boss told me to "run with it.")

Old 06-09-2010, 12:55 PM

348 posts, read 1,364,574 times
Quote:
But you said that u asked-"should I give the 2 weeks notice now?"

Why would you give a job 2 weeks notice without something in writing stating salary and start date??

You were going to give notice on someone's WORD?
Re-read my post...NEVER did I say I asked should I give my notice...Can you read?

Old 06-09-2010, 01:10 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,740,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToYorkSC View Post
President mentions in interview...when you come on board we'll have to have you and your husband out on the boat for some fishing...
Called back for 2nd interview...Operations Manager states he has no doubt I will do a great job....
The bolded was not appropriate. The language used suggests that you do have the job, any HR person worth their salt should know not to lead on a person like that. Especially talking about having you on the boat, not appropriate dialogue during the interview phase AT ALL.

Sorry to hear your experience. I went through the 3 interview process recently myself, friends and family were excited for me, but I wasn't excited in the least till I got the job offer. Until that point, I kept my expectations moderate. Scratch that, I had zero expectations, life has taught me to never get yourself too high on something that's not in your control, it only hurts that much worse when it doesn't work out.

Best of luck to you, I hope something will work out in the end.

Old 06-09-2010, 04:36 PM

24,665 posts, read 70,014,457 times
Quote:
Re-read my post...NEVER did I say I asked should I give my notice...Can you read?
Sigh. It was established many moons ago that Grasshopper has the reading comprehension of a newt. He has a real problem with words containing more than two syllables and sentences containing more than 20 words, while posts containing more than one paragraph elicit from him immediate responses such as, "Come to Philly and walk on my back", "I need a women for Adult Foreplay" and other assorted bon mots intelligible only to him.

Hope the job search works out for you really soon!

Old 06-09-2010, 06:57 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,206,497 times
Quote:
First of all unless the interview was on a Sunday why would you say you can start tomorrow?-lol You always say the Monday of the following week not tomorrow
Quote:
Never that dense before a job offer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
I know, (my reading comprehension is just fine thanks) - I was responding to what YOU stated ...

are you this dense at work as well? or do you save it all up for us here?
Quote:
But you said that u asked-"should I give the 2 weeks notice now?"

Why would you give a job 2 weeks notice without something in writing stating salary and start date??

You were going to give notice on someone's WORD?
Quote:
I need a back walk
I sat here shaking my head in amazement that anyone could be this dense who is able to do any job more difficult than gather the shopping carts from the parking lot and actually laughing at the idiocy of the comments.

You don't need someone to walk on your back, you need to have your brains kicked up, they have fallen so far down, you are in danger of sh1tting them out!

Quote:
Screwed what?????

I was asked if I had to give notice...of course I said yes.
Was asked if I would come in during those 2 weeks after hours to train...again said yes!!!

You must not have understood my post!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
I have read the post twice no where in that post did the op say "should I give 2 weeks notice now" the op was asked if she needed to give 2weeks notice and would she come in after hrs and get the feel of the job to both questions she answered yes. Are you reading the post in another language perhaps?
If you haven't been around a while, then you don't know about the world according to TVboy. He does speak his own language. It would actually be an improvement if it were ebonics, but alas, he hasn't the sophistication for that abomination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Quote:
Don't let his posts get to you. The "expert job counsellor" or whatever his title is just means he works for one of those agencies which tries to put people into jobs who have no job skills - you know the skills: get up in the morning for a morning-start job; get to work on time; go to work every day; if you're ill, call in; not showing up for work (without calling) 3 times will get you fired; when you're at work, do the work; don't just leave early without discussing it with "the boss-person"; women can be bosses, too; don't bring your children to work; etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Sigh. It was established many moons ago that Grasshopper has the reading comprehension of a newt. He has a real problem with words containing more than two syllables and sentences containing more than 20 words, while posts containing more than one paragraph elicit from him immediate responses such as, "Come to Philly and walk on my back", "I need a women for Adult Foreplay" and other assorted bon mots intelligible only to him.

Hope the job search works out for you really soon!
OP, sorry about your experience. I wish you well the next time around. Feel free to vent when you need to, but you may want to ignore some posters' comments - or read them for the laughs

Old 06-09-2010, 07:02 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,296,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
I sat here shaking my head in amazement that anyone could be this dense who is able to do any job more difficult than gather the shopping carts from the parking lot and actually laughing at the idiocy of the comments.

You don't need someone to walk on your back, you need to have your brains kicked up, they have fallen so far down, you are in danger of sh1tting them out!

If you haven't been around a while, then you don't know about the world according to TVboy. He does speak his own language. It would actually be an improvement if it were ebonics, but alas, he hasn't the sophistication for that abomination.

Don't let his posts get to you. The "expert job counsellor" or whatever his title is just means he works for one of those agencies which tries to put people into jobs who have no job skills - you know the skills: get up in the morning for a morning-start job; get to work on time; go to work every day; if you're ill, call in; not showing up for work (without calling) 3 times will get you fired; when you're at work, do the work; don't just leave early without discussing it with "the boss-person"; women can be bosses, too; don't bring your children to work; etc.

OP, sorry about your experience. I wish you well the next time around. Feel free to vent when you need to, but you may want to ignore some posters' comments - or read them for the laughs

NY Annie can take off your shoes and walk on my face?

Old 06-10-2010, 05:00 AM

24,665 posts, read 70,014,457 times
Quote:
NY Annie can take off your shoes and walk on my face?
Right on the button, total predictability. See post #37.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment