Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 09:07 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,119,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janman345 View Post
Not without blood shed, these are the glory days of corporations and politicians. They are building a slave class which is now the majority of the USA through market and currancy manipulation, job out sourcing, etc, etc.

God save us all
I fear having to see the day when countries like India, Philippines and other centers of off-shored employment start posting terror alerts in regards to future attacks by blue-collar Americans coming overseas and knocking out call-centers and factories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 09:12 PM

25,157 posts, read 54,015,388 times
Right on. And so true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
20 million illegals and massive off shoring, will wages spring back??i think not.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:31 PM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,776,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janman345 View Post
Oh ok so all this rampant unemployment I hear about on the news and the fact that I cant find a higher paying job and wages have been froze and my company just laid off hundreds of people last year is just all in my head and air craft hangar prices are maintaining there value (some people out there have big money to spend on luxurys otherwise the economic situation would have drove thoes prices down but thats not happening), whew thank goodness you came with your link to save the day LOL.
There's no substance to this. Your post is a bunch of rambling and ranting.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:41 PM

9 posts, read 21,674 times
Quote:
20 million illegals and massive off shoring, will wages spring back??i think not.
Quoted for extreme truth. Off shoring is killing the salaries of America's professional workers. Illegals are a massive tax burden and they bring violent crime and gang activity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb1025 View Post
There's no getting through to those Sarah Palin conservatives.
They aren't worthy of being called conservatives. A traditional conservative is in favor of small budgets, etc. Palin is a corporate stooge.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:11 AM

201 posts, read 432,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
There's no substance to this. Your post is a bunch of rambling and ranting.
Neither do you but I had a little fun rubbing your nose in it, and at least what I am posting about is painstakingly obvious where as you posted some obscure report from like 10 years ago. I did think that the google link that other poster posted was the best nose rub though lol.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:22 AM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,776,776 times
Silly me, I thought we were have an adult conversation.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:37 AM

1,278 posts, read 2,316,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
Silly me, I thought we were have an adult conversation.
You should definitely look into the links that I posted in my previous post. Honestly, just do yourself that favor.

You'll notice that out of the developed nations of the world, the U.S. has the highest GINI coefficient, meaning that it has the largest distribution of wealth skewed in the direction of the wealthiest 1% of any first world industrialized nations.

Definition: The Gini coefficient is a measure of statistical dispersion developed by the Italian statistician Corrado Gini and published in his 1912 paper "Variability and Mutability" (Italian: Variabilità e mutabilità). It is commonly used as a measure of inequality of income or wealth.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:49 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,327,908 times
Quote:
I don't think so either Huck.

I live in a city that is a perfect example of the illegal workers and work for a company that came right out and admitted (after massive lay offs) they would continue to outsource while workers in Manilla did it cheaper.

(Note: I work for a big well known media source who writes articles on other companies who do this....without admitting they do it too!)

Old 05-26-2010, 07:51 AM

1,278 posts, read 2,316,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I don't think so either Huck.

I live in a city that is a perfect example of the illegal workers and work for a company that came right out and admitted (after massive lay offs) they would continue to outsource while workers in Manilla did it cheaper.
Here's an idea. Don't buy their products or services if they are marketed towards the general public.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:18 PM

11,328 posts, read 18,957,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Yes, it is all about dumbing us down, keeping us poor, and then we are so distracted by trying to earn enough to live and eat we don't notice what is going on around us.
You know, I was subbing a special ed asst. 7th grade last week and was in a social studies class where the teacher was beginning the subject of the rise of fascism, WWII leading to the Cold War.

A student asked how did a democratic, "civilized" country like Germany pre-Hitler so easily succumb to such a monster and the teacher almost said what you said above word for word. Kind of scary......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment