Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 04:35 PM

53 posts, read 141,694 times

Advertisements

Title should have read "Got hired for a new career today". Well ive been unemployed since October 2009, well at least full time permanent, did some side construction jobs here and there. Ive been on so many interviews and sent so many resumes over the last 6 months its not even funny. But after a month long process of being very persistent i landed a sweet job. I got hired as a Fire alarm/sprinkler inspector apprentice with SimplexGrinell. I am so happy right now you have no idea. The starting pay isnt that great but its better than $0 an hour and i know after i put in my time and hard work it will pay off. Any comments or question's welcome.

Last edited by jdmcockatiel; 04-27-2010 at 05:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 05:33 PM

10,846 posts, read 15,002,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcockatiel View Post
Title should have read "Got hired for a new career today". Well ive been unemployed since October 2009, well at least full time permanent, did some side construction jobs here and there. Ive been on so many interviews and sent so many resumes over the last 6 months its not even funny. But after a month long process of being very persistent i landed a sweet job. I got hired as a Fire alarm/sprinkler inspector apprentice with SimplexGrinell. I am so happy right now you have no idea. The starting pay isnt that great but its better than $0 an hour and i know after i put in my time and hard work it will pay off. Any comments or question's welcome.
I very much approve! Sweet! It really makes my day.

Doesn't matter what the pay is Simplex Grinnell has world class benefits and they won't be as demanding as some smaller companies. Pay will go up as you gain certification. You should have NICET Level I in 6 to 8 months with Level II in 24 to 28 months.

That you were able to get on simply amazes me. Congrats!

Old 04-27-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I very much approve! Sweet! It really makes my day.

Doesn't matter what the pay is Simplex Grinnell has world class benefits and they won't be as demanding as some smaller companies. Pay will go up as you gain certification. You should have NICET Level I in 6 to 8 months with Level II in 24 to 28 months.

That you were able to get on simply amazes me. Congrats!
Thank you. I know i really got lucky. It's a long story how i got the job with no experience, but long story short, my college education(computers), tons of customer service experience and me being a persistent s.o.b paid off.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:22 PM

311 posts, read 846,579 times
Congrats-always nice to hear stories like this!

I've been unemployed since Sept so hopefully I can be in the employed ranks soon as well

Old 04-27-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBison2007 View Post
Congrats-always nice to hear stories like this!

I've been unemployed since Sept so hopefully I can be in the employed ranks soon as well
Thanks. It has been a long process. honestly very depressing at times. But i knew if kept being persistent that something would eventually happen.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:53 PM

12,540 posts, read 2,151,175 times
Congratulations on your job!

Old 04-27-2010, 06:54 PM

710 posts, read 1,968,886 times
YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you. That is wonderful news. Thank you so much for sharing it. All the best to you.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:01 PM

10,846 posts, read 15,002,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcockatiel View Post
Thank you. I know i really got lucky. It's a long story how i got the job with no experience, but long story short, my college education(computers), tons of customer service experience and me being a persistent s.o.b paid off.
Companies like persistent s.o.b.'s.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:06 PM

Thank you everybody for the words of encouragement. I am really stoked about this opportunity.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:38 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,667,372 times
Congrats! I'm currently employed, but I've been looking for a new job since a month ago (work is drying up). We'll see how long this takes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment