Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2010, 02:07 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,596,940 times

Advertisements

In your opinion...here;s the story

I plan to move to Las Vegas, currently living in Florida

I was there last week to check out the city and see if I got a good feel for it. (which I did, im dying to go back)

I have a coworker who's daughter works at a place there, and her boyfriend is a manager there, I met up with him and he helped me with the application and introduced me to several higher ups at the place. I was told I would be called about an interview. I received a call about an hour or so later telling to me to show up at 4 for the interview, which I did.

The interviewer was very impressed that I want to move to Las Vegas and came there all on my own to look for work at the age of 20. (I dont have to be 21 for the job I applied for) The interview seemed to go very well. I was told they would call me, and the interview was over

I spoke with several higher ups and I was told they all like me A LOT, that I seemed very professional and mature for somebody my age

I received a text later from somebody there saying they want to hire me and that I will be moving there sooner then I thought. But I have not heard from them. (my interview was this past thursday)

I tried to do a follow up call with the interviewer but could not leave a voice message. Will try again tomorrow. I am also worried that they may have called me asking when I can start and for some reason my phone may have never picked up the call or the voice message. (that had happened several weeks ago when I was expecting an extremely important call

But my two questions are
1. What should I say when I make a follow up call?
2. How likely do you think it is that I will be hired

I want this job really badly and I cannot stand living in Florida anymore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 05:34 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,707,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
In your opinion...here;s the story

I plan to move to Las Vegas, currently living in Florida

I was there last week to check out the city and see if I got a good feel for it. (which I did, im dying to go back)

I have a coworker who's daughter works at a place there, and her boyfriend is a manager there, I met up with him and he helped me with the application and introduced me to several higher ups at the place. I was told I would be called about an interview. I received a call about an hour or so later telling to me to show up at 4 for the interview, which I did.

The interviewer was very impressed that I want to move to Las Vegas and came there all on my own to look for work at the age of 20. (I dont have to be 21 for the job I applied for) The interview seemed to go very well. I was told they would call me, and the interview was over

I spoke with several higher ups and I was told they all like me A LOT, that I seemed very professional and mature for somebody my age

I received a text later from somebody there saying they want to hire me and that I will be moving there sooner then I thought. But I have not heard from them. (my interview was this past thursday)

I tried to do a follow up call with the interviewer but could not leave a voice message. Will try again tomorrow. I am also worried that they may have called me asking when I can start and for some reason my phone may have never picked up the call or the voice message. (that had happened several weeks ago when I was expecting an extremely important call

But my two questions are
1. What should I say when I make a follow up call?
2. How likely do you think it is that I will be hired

I want this job really badly and I cannot stand living in Florida anymore
1. You say you appreciated the opportunity to interview and were impressed with the firm/company.
2. I'd say your odds are 34,890,573,489,573,489 of 68,890,573,489,573,480, lol. No matter what anyone GUESSes your chances are, have a solid plan for both getting the job and moving there and plan for not getting the job so you're covered either way. Vegas has some of the worst unemployment numbers. But your good news was you were introducted to people therefore that's a positive thing.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:55 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,596,940 times
not what i wanted to hear

Old 03-23-2010, 05:10 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,707,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
not what i wanted to hear
Sorry...How this?

You get a call your hired, while you moving over there you meat Hugh Hefner...He invites you over to his mansion and is so impressed with you, asks you to take over his mansion when he's gone? You can have as many super hot girls as you can handle a day. Any better? lol. Again, have a good plan B and you'll make it in this life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment