Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2009, 04:38 PM

97 posts, read 275,089 times

Advertisements

Hello I am Floridian and have been since 1981. Im a 49 year old male and I have been going to C.T.A.E. AND C.F.C.C. here in Ocala,Florida were I live working on many welding certifications. Ive been in the industry for over 13 years but never had certs.
I ve gone to C.F.C.C. for NCCER,OSHA safty, and going green.
Looking on the TEXAS.com page for jobs it seems like Texas has a lot of jobs, and not just only welding jobs but jobs in general.
Is that something that you are seeing being in Texas or are you experiencing somthing different than whats being said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 10:40 PM

475 posts, read 1,645,285 times
I don't know about welding but Texas has got jobs. Uemployement is below 8.5 % if I remember right. It's never been below 4% so that would equal a real life 4.5% unemployment rate. I would get the certifications if i were you. More money, more opportunity!

Old 12-30-2009, 12:19 PM

97 posts, read 275,089 times
Default lotta jobs

You are right Texas has in the most recent statistics 8.5% and man thats pretty good.
And in our town we have 13.9% which is #3 in the state of Florida. For the highest unemployment rate.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:53 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,781,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARRELL-N-FLORIDA View Post
Hello I am Floridian and have been since 1981. Im a 49 year old male and I have been going to C.T.A.E. AND C.F.C.C. here in Ocala,Florida were I live working on many welding certifications. Ive been in the industry for over 13 years but never had certs.
I ve gone to C.F.C.C. for NCCER,OSHA safty, and going green.
Looking on the TEXAS.com page for jobs it seems like Texas has a lot of jobs, and not just only welding jobs but jobs in general.
Is that something that you are seeing being in Texas or are you experiencing somthing different than whats being said.
I'm seeing a lot of jobs but also a lot of out-of-state or out-of-country plates. I don't think we can be the mecca for jobs a whole lot longer.

Old 05-15-2010, 05:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,746 times
Hi my name is bill royster. And i am in iraq now but i will be home in 1-sep-2010. And i need a job for when i come home. I am a mig welder and a plumber and a carpinter and now most of all i am a vet fome iraq.and i have been her and nort 5 deployments and my wife has put me out on the st.so when i come home i have to find a new home.so if you all can help.it wold help out a lote i thank you bill royster........(ps i am with the army national guard and when i get home to killeen tx.and i am a bilder and i thank you.(and my email is slumpers46@yahoo.com) can you all help me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment