Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 01:39 PM

220 posts, read 993,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by starhawk18 View Post
What kind of sales job is it? LOL it almost sounds as if you are selling those Kirby vacuum cleaners.
Dog the Bounty Hunter sold Kirby vacs! lol. I occasionally watch his show, and he likes to lure people out of hiding by calling them and tell them they won and Kirby Vac, they will deliver it and the person needs to be there to claim it.

You should start growing your hair out now, and keep an eye out for your own large breasted woman sidekick. Good luck with your new career! hth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 01:47 PM

43,851 posts, read 51,396,892 times
Are you sure you get unemployment if fired for a performance issue? If they have documentation of supervisor counseling and pre-warnings, you may not qualify for anything but a crappy job reference.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:05 PM

9,048 posts, read 20,466,779 times
Back in the 1997, I got canned for asking the owner why I didn't get a raise after my 90-day Probation ended. I done great and got along with all co-workers. He didn't like that I asked about a raise and gave me my "pink slip" the day after our phone conversation. The next day I immediately called Unemployment and told them what happened. My Claim File was reopened with no problem. I was told the owner had no right firing me b/c I asked him why I didn't get a raise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Are you sure you get unemployment if fired for a performance issue? If they have documentation of supervisor counseling and pre-warnings, you may not qualify for anything but a crappy job reference.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:08 PM

45 posts, read 78,372 times
If you have performance reviews and are let go, you might not qualify for unemployment. Right now it takes forever to find a job, so start looking for work now while improving the situation at your current job as best as possible to give you more time. If you don't find anything you can still try to collect unemployment if you get canned but you can't assume you will actually get it. They do check with employers to confirm that you were let go for the reasons that qualify you for unemp. insurance.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:23 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,192,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Yesterday, I received my first performance warning. Apparently, I should be at a 3.0 performance level and my numbers add up to a 2.67 LOL. Anyways, my supervisor was "very concerned" about my performance and I have until July 31st to bring my numbers up, otherwise I will go on a final warning, which means another 3 months. It is really hard for me to pretend that I really care about such lame ass job. Anyways, should I continue to pretend that I care until I am hopefully let go from this ****ty company or what? I am not quitting this job because like I told my sup " I really love this job and I really want to do well" LOL. What a bunch of BS!

You must be on medication if you want to be FIRED for bad performance

Old 06-10-2009, 06:20 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,979,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
You must be on medication if you want to be FIRED for bad performance
Actually I think he must be off his medication to want to be fired.

He's an idiot, probably thinks the worse economy in the history of the world was four years ago under hated Bush. He was also think Obama is going to pay is rent and car payment.

Rude awakening for this youngster.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:19 PM

782 posts, read 3,795,121 times
Hate to say it. That's why I like being in a union. I get a guaranteed raise. Even the slackers gets a mandatory raise. I know some people will say that not fair,raises should be base on performance. I don't care, I'm not signing their checks.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:38 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,521,497 times
They might just be papering y'alls files because they have every intention of letting you go and they don't want to pay unemployment. There is nothing a targeted employee can do to "save" their job because the employer has no interest in keeping you and no intention of paying unemployment (or what is it, having their account docked).

Old 06-10-2009, 07:40 PM

16,292 posts, read 28,607,104 times
Quote:
Yesterday, I received my first performance warning. Apparently, I should be at a 3.0 performance level and my numbers add up to a 2.67 LOL. Anyways, my supervisor was "very concerned" about my performance and I have until July 31st to bring my numbers up, otherwise I will go on a final warning, which means another 3 months. It is really hard for me to pretend that I really care about such lame ass job. Anyways, should I continue to pretend that I care until I am hopefully let go from this ****ty company or what? I am not quitting this job because like I told my sup " I really love this job and I really want to do well" LOL. What a bunch of BS!
I'm sure that with such a wonderful attitude, you should find a job in perhaps 18-24 months after they fire you.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:09 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,753,812 times
Quote:
Let me tell you, I have only missed one day since I started, I have never been late, I go to work everyday with a very positive attitude and I can't help but hate this stupid company. It would be different if I was a bad employee, someone who didnt care, called in sick all the time, etc. I don't understand how sticking around is not the right thing to do, there is nothing wrong with me, they are the ones who are screwed up. There is a co-worker who has been with this company for 4 years and she has until June 30th to bring her numbers up, she is like .25 below expectations, she has already used all her vacation time, she knows there is no way she will be able to do it, everyday I go to work and think about her situation, I get more pissed off.
Haha - good one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment