Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 02:54 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,301,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpaw View Post
thank you everyone for all the input. As far as what I want to do? I do spend a lot of time on the computer. I have done some research in that area and find that most of them require you paying them a up-front fee. I'm rather skeptical about those.
There are several virtual assistant placement companies that charge the fee to the employer, not the employee.

If you are proficient in MS Office, Access, Project, etc. it might be worth taking a look at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 05:52 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,296,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Please print this and stick it to your monitor as a reminder before every post you make.

3 weeks ago you were begging for answers to simple questions and now all of a sudden you are a career consultant. What exactly do you do for 40 hours per week that you get paid for?

The definition of "at home work" can be different for many. At home could be web based marketing, consulting, virtual recruiting etc. or it could also be Mary Kay, Avon or Amway (not comparing the two...making a point).

It depends on what one wants to do. With technology at the level it is today, being a consultant (if you have expertise in a certain field) is a possibility while RV'ing it up around the country.

What do you want to do, what do you consider "at home" (at home business or tele-commuting) and what are you good at?

I work 55 hours a week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment