Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 09:06 PM

391 posts, read 1,709,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
the title of the website should be enough to keep you away
lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gea12345 View Post
Well, I hope you have reviewed the 10plus jobs thread i started. There may be some ideas on there for you.

cheers!
No, I did not see that thread, but I'm off to search for it.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:05 AM

1,111 posts, read 4,639,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcharm View Post
I am really close to giving up on HotJobs. It is horrible. Too much trash/illegitimate companies to to filter through. I am suspicious of every ad on there. Monster Jobs is much better. I'm very disappointed in hotjobs. I understand that bad things get through but it is so much that it makes me think they aren't even trying to keep it out.
I have to agree with hotjobs. It used to be much better when it first come out, before Yahoo acquired them. Now, it just seems like all the jobs are "work at home" and commission based sales jobs. I've used it before, but prefer careerbuilder and then Monster.

Old 04-22-2009, 05:39 PM

1,939 posts, read 3,924,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcharm View Post
Which do you find most useful. It is very time consuming to go through all. I am familiar with hotjobs, careerbuilder, monster and indeed. A few other as well but these are the main one's. I just feel that I am not being very time effective.
This may have been posted previously but you can search federal jobs worldwide at this site:
USAJOBS - The Federal Government's Official Jobs Site

There is a national labor exchange system that most states upload their local jobs to so it's one stop job shopping nation-wide.
Jobs not ads | Employer-owned Job Search Engine | JobCentral

Old 04-22-2009, 06:03 PM

I knew about usajobs.gov but thank for the link to jobcentral

Old 04-22-2009, 11:16 PM

499 posts, read 1,528,818 times
I've always had good luck with CareerBuilder and Monster. I have at least one call a week from recruiters who saw my resume posted on CB or Monster. If you have skills and qualifications that companies want then they will contact you if you register and put your resume on these sites. Good Luck!

Old 04-22-2009, 11:19 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roncorey1 View Post
I've always had good luck with CareerBuilder and Monster. I have at least one call a week from recruiters who saw my resume posted on CB or Monster. If you have skills and qualifications that companies want then they will contact you if you register and put your resume on these sites. Good Luck!

So when a recruiter calls you will they say they came across your resume on CB or monster? I'm stil wondering where that recruiter found my resume who called me last week

Old 04-22-2009, 11:24 PM

2,365 posts, read 11,128,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
So when a recruiter calls you will they say they came across your resume on CB or monster? I'm stil wondering where that recruiter found my resume who called me last week

I have a feeling that they may not remember which site they found your resume on....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment