Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2009, 03:03 PM

12 posts, read 28,535 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am a burnt out realtor. I need a steadier paycheck and don't want to work weekends any longer, although I don't mind being on commission as long as the paycheck is there. Have an interview to do marketing for a title insurance company.... anybody have experience in this? Know what it is like? Thoughts, etc? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 06:44 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,366,662 times
No but as an unemployed Title Examiner I'd love to hear about it...it also depends on what part of the country you live in...some parts the Title company does the closings in others a Lawyer does.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:57 PM

4 posts, read 7,425 times
Default I have sold Title Insurance for 33 + years.

But understand, that the marketing techniques are unique to each individual market. Here in Wisconsin, the availability of a customer base, for the most part, is outside of the local real estate brokers. Most have an in-house entity that fills that need. However, lenders, builders and Attorneys are all captive audiences.

If I could pass along a matrix, it would simply be this.

Do not be overbearing. Initial communication needs to be e mail based. Send them information about your company, in a discrete manner. Follow after a few days with a companion message. Finally, call for an appointment. You must utilize an "Outlook" contacts program to the nth degree.

After business is received, follow up. Get an assessment of the delivered product. Keep in contact with them, either in person or via e mail.

After that bookmark all of your contacts by catagories. Occasionally, send them off-topic info. It can even be something of a comedic nature. This will demonstrate to them a subtle connection, without being pushy. As an example, I just sent this to 400 of my base.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDGb78ocFbY

I could go on, but the drip-drip method of sales has been my mantra for all the time I have been plying this trade.

Good luck to you.

Last edited by chinatown; 02-24-2009 at 08:06 PM..

Old 02-24-2009, 09:36 PM

791 posts, read 2,959,405 times
I can give you info. on what it's like in CA or ID.
I worked closely with the sales reps (I was in escrow) and can tell you what I know.

For the most part they can make pretty good money, the ones I knew made around $55-75k
Of course your job is to shmooze the agents, brokers, and lenders and no offense being you are a Realtor but many agents out there just think they are better than everyone else, as if having a license somehow make them special

You need to be a go getter and be creative with how you are going to market yourself, of course weekends are many times apart of the job but certainly not like an agent. Your job is to make them love your title company and kiss butt. I wouldn't say this is a high stress job unless there is no business then it's like anything else.

I think it would be fun and when the market is doing well it can be great.
You spend a lot of time taking clients out to lunch and doing social activities with them.

On the down side you sometimes have to be the person they vent to about their escrow officer and make things right. It's a fine line because you work for the title company and should be loyal to the officer but your paycheck depends on the clients so you have to make them happy as well.

I have known many sales reps most like the job and many that get into it stay with the profession for many years.

And the funny thing is that county managers come from sales usually not title or escrow, so if you are wanting to climb the latter it is possible.

Good luck!

Old 02-19-2014, 02:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,283 times
I am actually looking for a title company marketing personal for PA/NJ area. if someone is interested in this position please feel free to contact me via email @ [email]Mbog@mbaabstract.com[/email]

Old 02-19-2014, 11:29 PM

748 posts, read 820,569 times
Spend time schmoozing and avoiding RESPA violations. They will want you to leverage your existing connections to influence business their way. Sounds like a good opportunity.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,056 times
Did you decide to take the marketing position and are you still doing this and do you like it? I am a Realtor and feeling the same way as I am in a single income household. I have been asked a few times to come work as a marketing rep but wasn't quite ready to give up on Real Estate as I do enjoy it and don't mind the weekend work. It is an opportunity for more consistent income and would love feedback on what you decided and if you took the job, how it compares to being a Realtor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment