Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 10:34 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,114,543 times

Advertisements

I know how you feel.

I *hate* Sundays, particularly Sunday afternoon, 3-4 pm sliding into evening.
It's the panic time at our house. I always seem (no matter how much I do all week) to have a load of chores to get the week going--ironing for my son, making lunch for the next day, making sure I have a 'list of things to do' and the ultimate favorite--looking for a job...

When Monday rolls around, you have so much to do or want to do that it's hard to face.

Break it down in little bits and try to find some time for fun.

I work harder not having a job (I am unemployed) than ever. I always see something that needs cleaning, washing, mending, feel the eyes of the dog on me (begging for more attention, another walk, more *anything*), the constant call of the piled up laundry (that never goes away), the dishes, the meals, and so on.

I need a job to 'get away from it all!!'

Yeah, I have a case of the everydays...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 11:34 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,325,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbogdan81 View Post
What is it about Mondays that seem to put everyone in a bad mood?

If I am going to have at least 1 bad day out of the week it is going to be Monday no matter what. I come into work thinking that this week is going to be great and I feel great but no sooner I step through the freaking door and whatever can happen happens.

Does anyone out there have a remedy for the "Bad Case of The Monday's"?
When I complain about getting up on Monday morning, I ponder the following:

Our men and women in Iraq, Afghanistan and other parts of the world definitely come to mind. In reality, I'm sure they would rather be here at home, have a bad day at the office and go home to their families each night.

I tell myself that there are people in prison who would gladly have a "bad monday" on the outside than be locked up. Granted, their actions put them there, but this is what works for me. At least when the day ends, I can go home.

Realizing that there are those who have no job to go to, no boss to ***** about or other things that we dislike about work.

Don't get me wrong..I have my challenging days, but I always try to see the bright side.

So everyday I can wake up, walk and enjoy the things I once took for granted, it's a good day.

Last edited by Gil3; 01-06-2009 at 12:00 PM..

Old 01-06-2009, 11:39 AM

1,776 posts, read 4,011,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbogdan81 View Post
What is it about Mondays that seem to put everyone in a bad mood?

If I am going to have at least 1 bad day out of the week it is going to be Monday no matter what. I come into work thinking that this week is going to be great and I feel great but no sooner I step through the freaking door and whatever can happen happens.

Does anyone out there have a remedy for the "Bad Case of The Monday's"?
Take Monday off. That's what I do. I would rather do Mondays over Fridays, because on Fridays people are in a better mood. For me, a 3 day weekend is Saturday- Monday, not Friday-Sunday. It really helps.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:49 AM

648 posts, read 1,644,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
Take Monday off. That's what I do. I would rather do Mondays over Fridays, because on Fridays people are in a better mood. For me, a 3 day weekend is Saturday- Monday, not Friday-Sunday. It really helps.
Trust me, if I could. I would work 4 10 hour days just so I can get past everyone's bad mood on Mondays that seems to trickle down on me.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:24 PM

359 posts, read 1,199,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpan78 View Post
People -
Stop complaining!!
You should be thankful having jobs!! Looks so many of us are hear discussing the "happiness of being unemployed"!!!! Make sure you do not join us in near future!! Then you will complain about "bad case of everydays"!
Exactly! Thank god I still live with my parents and not having to worry about a $900 monthly mortgage payment like most working people. NO WAY unemployment alone will help you with the payment. So, count your blessings that the folks that have jobs still have jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment