Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 12:46 AM

1,076 posts, read 3,555,808 times

Advertisements

If your going to do ins work like micrguy says you better have contacts and tons of them w/o that don't waste your time look to another field of employment.

Rule of sales is for every 100 prospects 10 may be interested of those 10 you may get 1 sale if you are good at closing sales.

If you do go for it just get all 3 license, life, health, p&c, plus state, getting all 3 is a walk in the park compared to what you'll experience out in the field, the tests are relativly easy, you'll have to start with basically who ever is willing to give you a shot but most look constantly since agents come and go very often, my suggestion would be concentrate on life there are many options out there besides the basic blah life ins if you expand on the license, p&c no money in that, health your money is in group, i've known guys that started their financial careers on group health.

It's a tough road and most don't make it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 01:41 PM

427 posts, read 1,389,078 times
I don't that I would say most don't make it. The hartford has thousands of employees. Plus depending on the company you do not have to call people or have contacts. the hartford does that for us. I make decent money doing p&c it really all depends on whether or not you work for a company that is commission only.

As for the hartford the opportunities are endless to move up. Sales and service are tough, they are not for the timid you do have to sell, but if you work hard it can be very rewarding.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:05 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,344,446 times
Isnt Life Ins the toughest of Insurances to sell, if so why ?

What is P&C again?

Old 09-17-2008, 10:11 PM

952 posts, read 3,708,576 times
What stuff is on the test?

Old 09-18-2008, 12:49 AM

1,076 posts, read 3,555,808 times
Get a Licensing Exam Candidate Handbook from your state you reside in then get your books and study, tell ya what's on the test a lot of ins questions lol, it's not ethical nor legal to distribute test info, it's not a hard test just decide if if it's worth your time and money to persue it.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:28 PM

427 posts, read 1,389,078 times
P&c is property and casualty, or auto home umbrella commercial, things like that. I wouldn't say that life is the hardest to sell, it's just one of the hardest tests. The series 6 is hard. Your best bet is to find a company that is willing to train you. But most companies don't want to train you for life if you have no experience, its easier to start with p&c and work your way up in the company to life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment