Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2023, 10:05 AM

61,811 posts, read 87,269,132 times

Advertisements

OP isn't engaging in discussion anymore. I bet he is not interested to read all that.

Old 01-20-2023, 11:46 AM

3,529 posts, read 6,539,189 times
Actually I read all of this.
I've applied to many jobs through LinkedIn. Almost no response.
I also belong to a job agency and almost got an assignment just now. That may be my best bet.
Also "gigs" on Craigslist.

Old 01-20-2023, 04:13 PM

2,859 posts, read 2,179,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
I also belong to a job agency and almost got an assignment just now. That may be my best bet.
Do you have a decent car? You can drive Uber. Or work for one of those car services that pickup and drop off people to airports. I know someone who's able to afford a Tesla just by doing this.
The hours will suck but pretty much anyone can do it.

Old 01-20-2023, 05:00 PM

6,706 posts, read 5,946,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwensky View Post
Do you have a decent car? You can drive Uber. Or work for one of those car services that pickup and drop off people to airports. I know someone who's able to afford a Tesla just by doing this.
The hours will suck but pretty much anyone can do it.
How many hours did your friend need to work to save up for a Tesla???

Old 01-26-2023, 06:10 PM

Quote:
You should stop posting on linkedin. You have no experiences or skills.
Look for jobs: help wanted.
You got enough advice here what to do. You just won't do any of that.

Old 01-27-2023, 09:31 AM

2,859 posts, read 2,179,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
You should stop posting on linkedin. You have no experiences or skills.
Look for jobs: help wanted.
You got enough advice here what to do. You just won't do any of that.
He was probably looking for more excuses rather than advices.

Old 01-27-2023, 11:39 AM

2,702 posts, read 2,768,236 times
Quote:
Try agencies. Unless you know somebody on LinkedIn, you're not going to have much luck.

Old 01-27-2023, 12:05 PM

You need to pay into your SS or you will not get any, OP.
What about health insurance? Also paid by your family and friends?
Pretty lavish lifestyle on their dime - new phones, new computer, credit cards...
Why are you using and abusing their kindness? ALL LIFE LONG?????
No shame!

Old 01-28-2023, 10:27 AM

6,706 posts, read 5,946,405 times
Quote:
I would suggest multiple gigs and part time positions; spread your net widely, bring in a little money, and it will have two effects: 1, you'll acquire more confidence and self-esteem as the money comes in, and 2, the network effect will probably provide you with some good opportunities eventually.

I quit a job of 12 years (got disgusted with the management that was trying to fire me anyway) and have been just laying low for a few months.

The job market is not great right now, except for certain things. There are lots of retail and restaurant jobs out there, but even then, it's not always a shoo-in. The one place that does seem to hire almost anyone who walks in the door is the local McDonald's, which is a revolving door. My kid has been there nearly 4 years now, and has seen all forms of humanity come and go. It's puzzling, because they actually pay really well -- starting hourly is now $16 and manager applicants are offered $1000 signing bonus. And a free meal with each shift. The ones who stay and stay are the immigrants; they work hard and don't complain.

Anyway, good luck!

Old 01-28-2023, 11:51 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,471,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
You need to pay into your SS or you will not get any, OP.
Given the type of people that post here, I'd assume this would be a good thing. ("Please allow us to take actions that will negatively affect you without us having to carry the burden. Also, please do this thing so you won't become a strain on our society. You have no skills, but find a good gig to adequately support your future retirement so we don't have to feel guilty about it.")
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment