Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2021, 10:30 PM

64 posts, read 47,328 times

Advertisements

I do.

Here are just a few of his annoying actions:

1. Wears too much cologne

2. Sings and beats on his desk

3. Leaves early

4. Calls out sick 2 to 3 to 5 days per month

5. Clips his fingernails at his desk, they go flying everywhere like shrapnel

6. CONSTANTLY asking about early dismissal from work on Fridays

7. Wears the same shirt to work every single day, he claims to own 6 pairs of the same shirt

8. Doesn't have a car so always trying to bum rides from people if the distance he needs to traverse is past

100 yards

9. Steals ideas from co workers and passes them off as his own

10. Constantly says annoying sayings over and over such as: 'In and out like Mod cut.!'

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-24-2021 at 11:02 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2021, 11:04 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,787,311 times
The only thing the people that bother me do, is wear too much perfume and cologne. Having copd is a pain. I carry an inhaler always, just in case

Old 07-23-2021, 06:19 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,323,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrEeKlIfE08 View Post
I do.

3. Leaves early

7. Wears the same shirt to work every single day, he claims to own 6 pairs of the same shirt

8. Doesn't have a car so always trying to bum rides from people if the distance he needs to traverse is past

100 yards

10. Constantly says annoying sayings over and over such as: 'In and out like dirty ducks ****ing!'
Wow! If all those 10 pointers are on one worker, that is very hard to tolerate.

For #1, doesn't your company have a policy about employees cannot wear cologne or perfume to work because other employees may be allergic to those? Many companies, especially hospitals and long-term care centres, do have this policy.

For #3, 4 and 6, does he do this VERY often and every month? If so, how can the employer or manager let him to do that? He could be let go long ago. You seem to exaggerate quite a bit.

The rest, I can believe you. That's terrible and disgusting.

Yes, I have a few annoying co-workers. There's someone who talks too much about anything and everything not related to work, all the times, many times everyday, repeatedly, and phones in sick a lot and leaves lots of slacks for me an other co-workers to do. But we are in Union, and she has doctor's notes all the times, so she's protected. Some others bring smelly food to work an eat in the office or in the staff room. When that happens, I feel like to vomit. I have to turn on the fan on the highest and let it runs for a long time, or I leave the office to do something else. I've been thinking to myself if this continues to happen, I may get some liquid *ss spray to play back. And I'll go somewhere else all day. LOL. Just kidding. I'll never do that.

About me, I don't talk much. When I come to work, I just pay attention to my work and work quietly. I hate working with somebody who talks too much. It's like that person has diarrhea in the mouth. Who knows somebody, or many people, may think I am a cold fish, snob or antisocial. And that's annoying to them too, probably.

Every workplace has some annoying workers in different levels. And mostly people just find annoying points about others, but they don't know or deny about their own annoyances.

Last edited by AnOrdinaryCitizen; 07-23-2021 at 06:38 AM..

Old 07-23-2021, 07:10 AM

12,108 posts, read 23,281,885 times
Doesn't everyone?

Old 07-23-2021, 12:55 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,270 times
Yes, I do, but I won't list their annoying habits. I find if I dwell on annoying things other people do, I get in a much worse mood. If I can't change something, I don't think about it, so I focus on the positive aspects of co-workers with annoying habits. Over time I stop noticing the things that used to annoy me.

Old 07-23-2021, 01:10 PM

1,970 posts, read 2,236,076 times
We hired a woman about five years ago (I somehow wasn't part of the interview team), and she got the empty cube outside my office area. Walls do not go to the ceiling, so I always can hear what the team is saying.

This woman talked constantly. Sometimes personal stuff on her phone, but mostly to people she thought were listening in nearby cubes. A lot of the talk was around food (and beverage, mostly diet Dr. Pepper) -- when is lunch/ who has snacks/ is their birthday cake on the 20th floor?

My team is very quiet (programmers) -- generally they don't talk, and they certainly don't announce when they are leaving their desk for bathroom/ snack/ Starbucks/ walking around the floor.

So the weird phenomenon developed where she assumed someone was in an adjoining cube, and she would have a 10-minute monologue only to realize that her colleague wasn't there. She also did this with me. I had another exit from my space, which I would usually use, then come up to her ten minutes later "were you saying something?"

Sometimes, she would let her voice get very quiet in these monologues, almost a whisper. Some passers-by from other teams started to notice. We let her go after two months.

Old 07-24-2021, 08:01 AM

12,847 posts, read 9,055,079 times
Quote:

!'
In my previous job there was a woman like this. Didn't work in my office, but was in the same building. Wore this horrible lilac scented perfume. Like she took a bath in it. You could smell her coming down the hall before she even entered the room.

It was so bad it even overpowered the smells in the cafeteria. There you were, standing in line for the daily selection of mystery meat in "grey"-vy and this overpowering stench would enter your nostrils and you knew she had entered the cafeteria. You could see the faces beside you trying not to retch from the combined aromas of lilac and old grease.

Old 07-24-2021, 11:30 AM

6,341 posts, read 4,903,282 times
Quote:
I do.
3. Leaves early
100 yards
10. Constantly says annoying sayings over and over such as: 'In and out like dirty ducks ****ing!'
He'll be president of your company one day.

Old 07-24-2021, 11:31 AM

6,341 posts, read 4,903,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
In my previous job there was a woman like this. Didn't work in my office, but was in the same building. Wore this horrible lilac scented perfume. Like she took a bath in it. You could smell her coming down the hall before she even entered the room.

It was so bad it even overpowered the smells in the cafeteria. There you were, standing in line for the daily selection of mystery meat in "grey"-vy and this overpowering stench would enter your nostrils and you knew she had entered the cafeteria. You could see the faces beside you trying not to retch from the combined aromas of lilac and old grease.
I'm guessing you (nor anybody else) ever said a word to her about it.

When you're silent, you suffer in silence.

Old 07-24-2021, 01:16 PM

12,847 posts, read 9,055,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
I'm guessing you (nor anybody else) ever said a word to her about it.

When you're silent, you suffer in silence.
Is that the hill you want to die on? You have to pick your battles. One rule is never pick a battle where the person on the other side can turn it into an EO action against you.

In the bigger scheme, that's why so many places today are making it a work rule for no cologne in the workplace because it's easier to defend a general rule than deal with individual issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment