Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2021, 02:03 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
REPORT HER TO MANAGEMENT.
How can you not know this? Especially when she drives for the company...she is a serious liability..
True.

Our company has a strict policy . Its part of the employee manual.

See something- say something when it comes to safety in the work place.

This includes an employee who is Under some chemical influence not monitored by the physician.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2021, 04:38 AM

6,693 posts, read 5,923,002 times
I would mind my own business.

Old 02-15-2021, 05:29 AM

9,432 posts, read 5,197,344 times
Well, when he kills someone or himself driving while drunk or hungover or whatever he is.....then you can reconsider whether you should have said something.
I really can't believe people are telling you to 'mind your own business' when it's something this serious. I.M.O.

Old 02-15-2021, 09:54 AM

72 posts, read 57,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonism View Post
How are her driving and work habits?

been told she's a bad driver in the company van

Old 02-15-2021, 01:37 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,593,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Tell her she smells alcoholic and to be careful so management don't catch her.
Sounds like a plan, and when you’ve told her, tell yourself that “wreaking†is causing a lot of damage or harm, but “reeking†means smelling strongly.
It’s an easy mistake, I used to do it constantly with discrete and discreet, until someone on another forum gently pointed out my error to me.

Old 02-15-2021, 03:50 PM

3,285 posts, read 2,660,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunt15 View Post
what do you think of a workmate who comes in wreaking of alcohol from the night before like every few days or so? mind you we are in a position in which we drive a company van, (newer vans) , she's been there about two years more than me but I guess they just like her and don't say anything, yesterday morning she was so strong that the little freezer we go in and out of to pack our meals to deliver was just wreaking with her flavor as well! it's really pathetic!
It's "reeking". You wreak havoc, or reek of booze.

Report her, but anonymously. If you can't find out how to do it anonymously, stay far away from this situation.

Old 02-15-2021, 04:54 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,374,083 times
I took the keys away from a co=worker that was about to drive home in the dark, over forty miles of city driving. He came back from the restaurant having celebrated a promotion with three Board members. My sister had just been killed by a drunk driver. He never forgave me, and management was "surprised" to find out that I had a few more skills and guts in my kit than they assumed. They never saw me in the same light, either. Then again, they had never asked what size balls I had. Tread carefully but do what you have to do. It's called "having jam" in my biz.

Old 02-15-2021, 09:02 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,915,239 times
Mention it to management. I'm an alcoholic (sober for years now). There's a chance even if she isn't drunk at work, she's drinking a bit on the job. Don't worry about what happens to her (getting fired, etc.), honestly. If she has a problem, she'll hit rock bottom sooner or later and have to deal with the consequences. Don't let your company (or anyone's life) suffer because of her.

Old 02-15-2021, 09:35 PM

351 posts, read 270,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Tell her she smells alcoholic and to be careful so management don't catch her.
I agree, tell her to get her act together

Old 02-16-2021, 12:58 AM

1,216 posts, read 3,028,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunt15 View Post
what do you think of a workmate who comes in wreaking of alcohol from the night before like every few days or so? mind you we are in a position in which we drive a company van, (newer vans) , she's been there about two years more than me but I guess they just like her and don't say anything, yesterday morning she was so strong that the little freezer we go in and out of to pack our meals to deliver was just wreaking with her flavor as well! it's really pathetic!
So think about this..... what if she kills someone while driving the company van drunk, then it is found out that you knew she had a history of doing this....you could be made complicit and an accessory to whatever she is charged with. REALLY THINK ABOUT THAT!!!!

Report her immediately to Human Resources, a supervisor, someone, anyone. She needs to be stopped!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment