Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2021, 12:33 PM

13,637 posts, read 7,963,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Not with regards to business. If I'm renting a property and the tenants break their lease (add additional occupants or pets) and said renters are White... out they go without too much trouble.

On the other hand if said tenants are Black and cry racism... I'm potential in a serious legal bind.

I'll have to pay a small fortune for an attorney to defend my actions while such renters often get free legal assistance.
I'm not sure I believe that, though I suppose a lot of it may depend on which state you're in. Do you have direct experience with this type of situation?

I would think that as long as you do a good job with documentation, you wouldn't have any issues. They can cry "racism" all day long, but without any kind of actual evidence, they're barking at the wind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2021, 12:36 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,711,706 times
For some people the snow is caused by racism. That is something they will have to live with

Old 02-08-2021, 12:38 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,965,856 times
Black girl, gorilla glue, how stupid do you have to be to think some people won't consider telling this story racist?

Old 02-08-2021, 12:43 PM

13,637 posts, read 7,963,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Black girl, gorilla glue, how stupid do you have to be to think some people won't consider telling this story racist?
Probably about as stupid as someone thinking a person is racist for telling the story.

Old 02-08-2021, 12:48 PM

3,504 posts, read 2,669,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Found a funny stupid news story. Began sharing the story with people at work remarking what an idiot this girl was. Most had already read the story and agreed it was stupid. However one person said she didn’t thing the girl was an idiot and basically said I was sharing the story because I was racist (me being white and she being black). She asked would I have said the same if the girl was white and I immediately said bell yes. She then said she found it offensive and asked me to leave. I’ve notified my supervisor of the exchange in case she tries to go further than merely asking me to leave. Know in the future to avoid this person at all cost. Below is the news story I was referring to. My issue wasn’t her skin color. My issue was that she sprayed Gorilla Glue on her hair.

https://www.wbrz.com/news/girl-who-w...for-treatment/
If you have time to share idiotic stories at work you are not working and cheating your employer. You may not be racist but you are not being bright or honest.

Old 02-08-2021, 12:52 PM

29,750 posts, read 34,422,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
Probably about as stupid as someone thinking a person is racist for telling the story.
We don't know how he framed the story when he sent out the email, but yeah, making fun of a Black woman and her hair is risky territory.

Old 02-08-2021, 01:47 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,923,903 times
making fun of ANY skin colored "idiot" is not allowed anymore, white, black, yellow, green, what ever, there is no such things as "humor" thanks to the morons in the media, and the social networking virtue signaling douche bags who have "shamed" anyone with either common sense or a sense of humor..

What a dull, dysfunctional future is in store for the future generations..

Old 02-08-2021, 01:53 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,965,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
Yeah. But who got called on the carpet and made an ass of himself at work and was accused of being a racist? Where there's smoke there's usually fire. Very rarely see a racist who thinks they are one.

Old 02-08-2021, 01:57 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,923,903 times
i'll agree that now a days, sending ANYTHING around at work aside from a dog video, or something nauseatingly cute, is not politically correct in this ultra sensitive, "woke" world that is permeating throughout our society now.

Old 02-08-2021, 02:27 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,755,431 times
Makes more sense to share things with friends and family when you are not at work not while you are on the clock
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment