Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 05:58 PM

332 posts, read 288,363 times

Advertisements

So I talked with my Supervisor; who had talked with HR, and I'm now off the schedule from now through recovery.

I hope to get the surgery moved up, but it probably won't be until the end of November.

i wasn't expecting to be 'let go' like that, but I knew it was a possibility.

I need to talk to HR tomorrow and find out when ST Disability starts. I'm hoping it can be 8 work days from today. I believe that is the waiting period. I think they won't let me start until 8 days after the surgery, and then it's 60% of my income and the other 40% comes from my sick time.

My Supervisor was expecting me to get upset being taken off the schedule so abruptly. It was weird, she hugged me and said to contact her if I need anything; what the heck?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2020, 07:19 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,280,259 times
Did you ask what the reason was for taking you off the schedule before the surgery? Punitive retaliation?

Old 10-26-2020, 08:07 PM

I said, that I wasn't able to use my hand to do my job - taking care of patients. She must not have believed me the first time?

Old 10-27-2020, 09:07 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,280,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiemur View Post
I said, that I wasn't able to use my hand to do my job - taking care of patients. She must not have believed me the first time?

Ok, that makes sense. From their point of view, it would be a liability if they had you work and something went wrong after you basically told them you weren't able to do your job properly.

Old 10-27-2020, 09:14 AM

130,832 posts, read 12,207,245 times
I hope you get your st disability soon, if you are unable to work, then you should qualify.

Old 10-27-2020, 10:10 AM

23,901 posts, read 33,682,445 times
Quote:
So I talked with my Supervisor; who had talked with HR, and I'm now off the schedule from now through recovery.

I hope to get the surgery moved up, but it probably won't be until the end of November.

I need to talk to HR tomorrow and find out when ST Disability starts. I'm hoping it can be 8 work days from today. I believe that is the waiting period. I think they won't let me start until 8 days after the surgery, and then it's 60% of my income and the other 40% comes from my sick time.

My Supervisor was expecting me to get upset being taken off the schedule so abruptly. It was weird, she hugged me and said to contact her if I need anything; what the heck?
Thanks for explaining. As I keep saying, you don't have to actually sue for workers comp, just do the consult. I'm shocked they took you off the schedule but I guess you're a liability.

I hope the surgeon can get your surgery done ASAP.

Since you now have time, go to the disability web site to see when you can put your app in. HR may not be the best place to ask

Old 10-27-2020, 03:43 PM

HR said that disability pay starts 8 days after may last day at work. ST Disability pays 60%, my sick time and vacation time make up the other 40%. I only worked 3 days a week, so maybe it means 8 work days from my last day at work. I'm not sure how long ST Disability pays? I don't want to ask HR any more questions right now; I'm sure they don't believe me, and are not happy with me.

Old 10-27-2020, 03:55 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,688,524 times
Quote:

Sounds passive aggressive. We'll take you off the schedule and then give you a hug and wish you the best when you go!

Old 10-28-2020, 04:16 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,385,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Sounds passive aggressive. We'll take you off the schedule and then give you a hug and wish you the best when you go!
It sounds more likely that they finally realized the OP is in pain and want to offer immediate relief. This is all a good sign.

Old 10-28-2020, 11:58 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,688,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rummage View Post
It sounds more likely that they finally realized the OP is in pain and want to offer immediate relief. This is all a good sign.
They've done nothing but give her a hard time from day 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment