Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 07:12 AM

155 posts, read 137,540 times

Advertisements

Sharing great news that I accepted a better position and except for a few hours tomorrow, I am out of the dysfunction junction that I was working in! At my going away party, my "exhausted" boss took anxiety medication and then fell asleep and could not be woken. Management took her to the ER because they feared she had a stroke. My party ended up being all about her but this event solidified that I made the right choice. Now, the boss is pitying her and treating her like a beloved child. Lots of codependency and favoritism going on there.

NO ONE leaves my work before they are eligible for retirement, NO ONE. I feel like a trailblazer and I am proud of myself for making this move.

I cannot believe I worked in these conditions for three years.

My new boss cannot wait for me to start!

Anyway, I wish everyone in a toxic situation better arrangements in this new year!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2020, 09:14 AM

1,454 posts, read 1,960,772 times
congrats- here's for the best!

Old 01-26-2020, 09:46 AM

3,879 posts, read 2,413,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baysky View Post
Sharing great news that I accepted a better position and except for a few hours tomorrow, I am out of the dysfunction junction that I was working in! At my going away party, my "exhausted" boss took anxiety medication and then fell asleep and could not be woken. Management took her to the ER because they feared she had a stroke. My party ended up being all about her but this event solidified that I made the right choice. Now, the boss is pitying her and treating her like a beloved child. Lots of codependency and favoritism going on there.

NO ONE leaves my work before they are eligible for retirement, NO ONE. I feel like a trailblazer and I am proud of myself for making this move.

Anyway, I wish everyone in a toxic situation better arrangements in this new year!
A big congratulations for making the move. Too many people accept the sick treatment by some work environments with the unnecessary drama.

Old 01-26-2020, 12:42 PM

2,127 posts, read 1,351,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baysky View Post

Congratulations! And your courage to leave that dysfunctional workplace is admirable. It's nice to hear your good news.

Old 01-26-2020, 01:29 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,535,051 times
Congratulations! Sounds like a great move, and maybe you'll start a trend, which *may* have some impact on work conditions (probably not, but you never know). I hope your new job is wonderful!

Old 01-30-2020, 10:00 AM

I hope so too and I think it will happen on a small scale. I am the second younger person to leave in the last six months. I was told another young person is about to leave. I know of two others that are trying to leave. My bureau is rather stubborn and lack self-awareness, however, and unless the larger agency notices this lack of employee retention (they have announced it is an issue), I'd be surprised if they address it. That said, it does feel nice to be one of the first to go!

Old 01-30-2020, 10:13 AM

1,452 posts, read 1,096,716 times
Congrats! I'm looking to get out of a dysfunction junction myself. It's been taking a while - however on this job search, I'm being pickier than ever before. I have a few different options in the works that are a good ways along in the interview process, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed to finally get some good news in February.

Old 01-30-2020, 11:27 AM

12,139 posts, read 23,492,640 times
Congratulations and good luck.

Old 01-30-2020, 12:18 PM

20,775 posts, read 20,170,836 times
Congratulations!

Old 02-02-2020, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGC View Post
Congrats! I'm looking to get out of a dysfunction junction myself. It's been taking a while - however on this job search, I'm being pickier than ever before. I have a few different options in the works that are a good ways along in the interview process, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed to finally get some good news in February.
I know why hiring takes so long but on the other end, it is so frustrating! fingers crossed for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment