Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 08:53 AM

792 posts, read 1,179,833 times

Advertisements

Thank you all, I hear you loud and clear and will move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2019, 11:06 AM

6,861 posts, read 4,318,191 times
Good idea. Its sales...few people last very long in rep positions. As a result theres also always a lot of available open positions, so no need to look too much into the rear view mirror.

Old 04-27-2019, 02:40 PM

I was with the company for 15 years. I believe all things happen for a reason and am glad I'm out. Thank you all for your kindness and help (except you charlygal, you said nothing to help. Thanks for trolling!)

Old 04-27-2019, 04:11 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,105,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawter View Post
I was an outside Rep and worked in another company (client). I had a problem with the client 2 months ago and my district manager told me to make the problem go away.
What the female was doing is calling my company every day for a week and complaining to them about me.
My district manager told me, You need to make this go away.
I called the company and it went away until the other day when this client called my company and told them I am stealing.
Since my boss had told ME to make the other problem with this client go away, I was sure he would tell me the same thing so I didn't call him about it.
I told the female client If she ever called my company again and told them I was stealing I'll call your corporate company, tell them what you are saying about me and then they will fire YOU.

The female told her assistant manager that I threatened to get her fire.
The assistant manager called my district manager and told him she never wanted me in their store again and she wanted a different rep.

My boss fired me for getting kicked out of a store.

Is there anyone here I can sue? I don't want my job back. I want people to pay for them causing me to lose my livelihood.
Is there anything I can do or should I just go on? I don't want to attempt to do anything until I know if I have a leg to stand on.
Appreciate your help.
Quote:
I was with the company for 15 years. I believe all things happen for a reason and am glad I'm out. Thank you all for your kindness and help (except you charlygal, you said nothing to help. Thanks for trolling!)
Wow, you have been there for 15 years. You are a veteran employee. Sad thing is that a good number of employers fire good employees over nonsense. My best bet is to just move on. Sales jobs don't require a degree from Harvard or Stanford.

Old 04-27-2019, 08:45 PM

5,317 posts, read 3,248,019 times
Grounds for termination are as following.

ANYTHING except discrimination against protected groups.

Since you're not in a protected group and you were not discriminated against because of your membership in a protected group, game over. Stick a fork in it, you're done.

Old 04-27-2019, 10:23 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,807,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Wow, you have been there for 15 years. You are a veteran employee. Sad thing is that a good number of employers fire good employees over nonsense. My best bet is to just move on. Sales jobs don't require a degree from Harvard or Stanford.
Threatening a customer/client is an automatic firing offense for any salesperson working 1 day or 50 years by any company, THIS IS THE ULTIMATE #1 NO-NO.

Old 04-28-2019, 05:45 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,139,917 times
Quote:
I was an outside Rep and worked in another company (client). I had a problem with the client 2 months ago and my district manager told me to make the problem go away.
What the female was doing is calling my company every day for a week and complaining to them about me.
My district manager told me, You need to make this go away.
I called the company and it went away until the other day when this client called my company and told them I am stealing.
Since my boss had told ME to make the other problem with this client go away, I was sure he would tell me the same thing so I didn't call him about it.
I told the female client If she ever called my company again and told them I was stealing I'll call your corporate company, tell them what you are saying about me and then they will fire YOU.

The female told her assistant manager that I threatened to get her fire.
The assistant manager called my district manager and told him she never wanted me in their store again and she wanted a different rep.

My boss fired me for getting kicked out of a store.

Is there anyone here I can sue? I don't want my job back. I want people to pay for them causing me to lose my livelihood.
Is there anything I can do or should I just go on? I don't want to attempt to do anything until I know if I have a leg to stand on.
Appreciate your help.
Welcome to the real world. Your parents can't help you anymore.

Old 05-17-2019, 01:52 PM

Default Violating Company Policy

On my UI Notice of Determination it states that my company said I "was discharged for failure to comply with policies of the Employer."

It goes on to say, "Evidence is insufficient to establish that (my) alleged actions were a violation of a duty or obligation reasonably owed the employer as a condition of Employment."

I'm assuming since my former employer couldn't come up with the "policy" that I violated that's why I was granted UI.

The boss called me and said that since I violated the company policy they are terminating me.

I asked the big guy to show me the policy that's he's referring to but he cut me off. He said it doesn't matter who's right or wrong, you violated the "policy."

I couldn't have violated any policy because no such policy exists. Not even in hearsay. No documents, nothing.

I have it all documented. Do I have some kind of case against my former employer?

Old 05-17-2019, 01:56 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,804,967 times
Do you have a case? Probably.

Is there any useful outcome in pursuing it? Probably not.

Employment across nearly all the US, and in KS and MO (you don't say which KC...) is "at will." You can be terminated for any reason, or none. (You can also quit for any reason, or none.)

So unless there is an aspect of discrimination or 'unfair practice,' which would have to be proven, it really doesn't matter why an employer dumps you, or even why they say they did. The only slim basis for action lies in their defaming or slandering you to the public... and don't bet any wooden nickels on that one unless they took out a full page ad to diss you.

Old 05-17-2019, 02:01 PM

780 posts, read 427,332 times
If it was preventing you from getting UI, I'd probably make a fuss about it. But if you're getting UI as a result of this determination, then I don't know if there's much use in pursuing anything legally. The only thing I'd potentially be upset about is the reason for termination being 'for cause'.

Did you and your boss butt heads often? Would there be any other reason why he'd treat you this way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment