Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 10:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,033 times

Advertisements

So Ive worked as a Tire tech for almost 2 months and I got a 14 day suspension for multiple customers complaining to corperate, not the individual store. One complaint was about me not torquing drain bolts (no one does this at our shop) and breaking too many tire pressure sensors....ive only broken 2 from carelessness...one of those about a week ago...the rest were a week after I got hired...there was also a complaint about me not improving from training. now I don't know what kind of customers are paying attention to employee-trainer relations, but I need to know what I can do...what information can I get about the situation so I know as much about the complaints and can work to figure out the validity of the situation. the way I was told really made it sound like someone is actually trying to get me fired because of the way the situation is going. obviously I cant get names or phone records...but I cant seem to get records of the papers I signed...the manager wont respond to me when I try to get more info...I want enough information so I can really see if its a valid complaint against me by a random customer...or if something is going on...could be just my fault, but right now it doesn't sound like it. after the suspension I am supposed to undergo training and if that doesn't help then its termination. I have yet to find out the details but these complaints don't sound like something that would come from a regular tire customer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 05:52 AM

2,717 posts, read 3,428,398 times
If they wanted you gone, you'd be gone by now. Take the suspension, training, pay attention and follow what they say to a "T".....best you can do if you feel the job is worth it. Are you looking at staying in the Automotive field ?.....get into a dealership as a Lube Tech, or whatever, and prove yourself worthy of Factory Training and move on up.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:30 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,789,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greynolds17 View Post
So Ive worked as a Tire tech for almost 2 months and I got a 14 day suspension for multiple customers complaining to corperate, not the individual store. One complaint was about me not torquing drain bolts (no one does this at our shop) and breaking too many tire pressure sensors....ive only broken 2 from carelessness...one of those about a week ago...the rest were a week after I got hired...there was also a complaint about me not improving from training. now I don't know what kind of customers are paying attention to employee-trainer relations, but I need to know what I can do...what information can I get about the situation so I know as much about the complaints and can work to figure out the validity of the situation. the way I was told really made it sound like someone is actually trying to get me fired because of the way the situation is going. obviously I cant get names or phone records...but I cant seem to get records of the papers I signed...the manager wont respond to me when I try to get more info...I want enough information so I can really see if its a valid complaint against me by a random customer...or if something is going on...could be just my fault, but right now it doesn't sound like it. after the suspension I am supposed to undergo training and if that doesn't help then its termination. I have yet to find out the details but these complaints don't sound like something that would come from a regular tire customer
I would also be looking for a job.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:38 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,862,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
I would also be looking for a job.
Ditto. They may be dotting their i's and crossing their t's before they get rid of you. Start looking.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:00 AM

3,078 posts, read 5,038,898 times
Pointless for you to try to find the source. What does it matter? Did these issues occur or not? Sounds like they are not lies.

It also sounds like you're more concerned about who is reporting you than doing a better job in the future. This attitude will quickly get you out the door. If you don't improve in this regard, you're certainly getting terminated.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:32 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,688,541 times
You are on your way to unemployment. Try and find another job and don't make mistakes.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:12 AM

326 posts, read 201,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Ditto. They may be dotting their i's and crossing their t's before they get rid of you. Start looking.
That's what it sounds like. They follow the procedure of write ups / suspensions etc followed up by training keeping all their ducks in a row and when they fire you they can possibly get out of paying you unemployment due to the fact you were warned... retrained... and (assuming you continue to mess up) still failed at the job.

Harsh reality unfortunately.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:13 AM

79 posts, read 42,151 times
Leave before you get fired, then you can phrase the change of employers the way you want, instead of having a prior employer firing you......

Old 09-18-2018, 08:17 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,252,161 times
Look for a job. Now.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:36 AM
Status: "BAGA - Be a Great American: Expose far-right lies daily" (set 14 days ago)

11,333 posts, read 7,379,251 times
Enjoy a week of vacation, then a week of searching for a new job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment