Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 07:54 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,138,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
Got to say, I'm not really following where you're going here. Are you saying the OP should carry their workload for them because they can't? I don't get it.
The point is that...

You have to look at a more holistic perspective.

Especially if you want to be a manager, which OP obviously does. Teamwork. You can't have 5 LeBron James on a team.

It's not like there's one slacker. OP has actively alienated three of his teammates and has admitted they are the median, not him.

What do you think the end goal for OP is here? His end goal is get the favor of management so he can get promotions. That's what it sounds like. So, he's done that.

Every company has employees who have a variety of work ethic, attention to detail, desire to do the job. This is the reality of the working world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 08:32 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,910,838 times
The working model of your group is flawed.

You are a supervisor with an individual contributor title and not being compensated or elevated appropriately. You are fulfilling the supervisor's responsibility. At the very least can you have a different title designating you as SR. Manager while the rest are just Managers?

Typical 2018 Corporate America solution instead of looking into the group you find a scapegoat set him up to fail and then say "Look we had a problem and we kicked him out!"

OP you're being setup. Whether intentionally or unintentionally there's a time limit. You'll be getting a PIP soon and let go within the next 60 days if not sooner.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:38 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,910,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Think about this another way...

Say you become the boss of a different company and those three co-workers eventually quit or lose their jobs and are looking for work.

Am I correct in thinking that you would never, ever hire those people or ever give those people a reference because you think they're terrible performers?

Well, if everybody thought like you, then what would those three people do for jobs? How would they pay for rent and food?
They'll live out of their car, get addicted to meth and lose all their teeth and go in and out of jail just like everyone else. It's a dog eat dog world. The average corporate manager doesn't care if you starve and die.

Old 08-15-2018, 10:48 PM

144 posts, read 130,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
OP you're being setup. Whether intentionally or unintentionally there's a time limit. You'll be getting a PIP soon and let go within the next 60 days if not sooner.
It's not this. For starters, we're a little short-staffed as it is, so they company isn't looking to let people go. More importantly (and I think I mentioned this in an earlier reply), management is recruiting me to join them in their expansion project. I think I brought that up in an earlier reply, but they are moving some of their key operations to a new location in the coming months.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:16 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,481,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Typical 2018 Corporate America solution instead of looking into the group you find a scapegoat set him up to fail and then say "Look we had a problem and we kicked him out!"

Oh the stories I could tell. There was a always a scapegoat. Nevermind the revolving door of employees, the fact that there was no institutional knowledge because people were either fired during probation (how convenient) or rewarded with a promotion after suffering through the miserable place ("You made it! Here's your prize!!!!"). Calling it "dysfunction" would be too kind.

Old 08-17-2018, 11:05 PM

144 posts, read 130,077 times
My senior manager stepped in this week and things worked themselves out.

I have the green light to look through and tweak the project before presentation time, and it was made clear that this is an approved action. We've had smooth presentations the past several days, so for the time being it's working.

As for the noted complainers, two were moved off the project. One to another wing of the company that will better suit their strengths (a win-win), the other was moved to another team for a change of scenery - apparently he rubbed several members of our team the wrong way. The third complainer was never too upset, he was caught up in the moment and is still with us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment