Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2017, 07:19 PM

128 posts, read 113,671 times

Advertisements

So I was let go not this past Thursday but the Thursday prior to that. I'm on payroll until Nov 10 and will get paidout for unused vacation 2 weeks after Nov 10.

Long story short, I was let go and was given either:
  • Option 1 - you resign in lieu of dismissal or
    Option 2 your termination is performance based.
  • Cancel

I have been told that option 1 is better to choose. This is so when I am asked why I left, I can say something similar to "I have financial statement prepreparation/billability analyses/inflow and outflow analyses and where I was for 2 1/2 years didn't have what I had in my previous positions. I tried to stick it out for 2 years, but it didn't seem to follow what I had done previously in other positions I had held."

Also say when the prospective employer/temp agency calls where I worked for the 2 1/2 yrs prior, and yes, I resigned for the reason above, what if the prior employer wants more information regarding my work ethic, attitude to others, workload handlng, etc.....can they ONLY say good things but NOT say bad things?

Hoping that the prior employeer I was working for DOESNT say toooooo much bad things me. I left on good terms based on the options I was given and want to have a good review for what I did although it didn't fully fit what my previous experience did. I have until the 10th to give my option....which at this point would be option 1

Hope to hear from you all on this. I am on gchat via b7eight7 if you'd like to chat more.....

MANY thanks,
tdREDi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2017, 07:33 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,419,059 times
Did they document your performance issues?

Old 11-06-2017, 06:20 AM

128 posts, read 113,671 times
i'm sure they did for me as well as others. from what i've been told by hr, i did my work and yes sometimes there were instances of based on what I submitted wasn't approved due to not being shown how to complete the project/exercise. perhaps an instances or two of not being trained in such instance.

i question is this i am guessing. what CANT future employers ask to previous employers? tia......and confused....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment