Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 06:37 AM

1,146 posts, read 1,412,949 times

Advertisements

Anyone work at a small company with recent issues with ADP payroll? The last couple months nearly every other pay cycle is messed up where I work and everyone gets paid 1-3 days late. I worked here two years with no issues until the last few months. My boss/owner says it's an ADP issue every time as they usually don't process things automatically and withdrawal from our bank account until my boss has to manually contact them and then there is a delay of two or three days. When she presses them for answers they apparently deflect blame or just say it was a system issue. Usually we find out because our pay date comes with no money and we have to let our boss know because she had no idea ADP didn't process things as she claims they don't notify her.

This latest pay cycle the pay stub was generated and sent with the correct pay date but no money paid. My boss said she received confirmation payroll was processed and withdrawn from the bank account but nothing. She contacted them and they apparently deflected blame so things are in limbo again. ADP was processing payroll on Friday (supposedly) but due the bank holiday, it looks like we won't have the money until Tuesday (a full week from original pay date). She said she has gotten tough with them and has threatened to switch to another payroll provider but nothing has happened on that front. She says this happens and we are treated like **** by ADP because we are so small (25 employees).

Is this happening to anyone else like it's a common issue at ADP or just an issue with my company or something else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 06:44 AM

3,417 posts, read 7,785,389 times
My guess is ADP isn't paying you because there is no money in the account.

I am sure others will chime in here but excuses about payroll are a smokescreen for serious financial problems.

Payroll problems for a couple of months? ADP doesn't care? What employer keeps a payroll contractor that is not paying employees? Does this make sense?

Is the boss getting paid?

Old 02-20-2017, 06:52 AM

4,323 posts, read 7,228,886 times
The money you get paid on payday doesn't come from ADP's account, it comes from your employer's account. ADP is just a third party that processes your company's payroll for a fee that your employer pays them.

It sounds like an employer problem. Third party payroll companies like ADP need an employer to turn in payroll data to them by a certain date/time, in order to guarantee paychecks or deposits will be made on a particular employer's scheduled payday.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:56 AM

Ok thanks. That makes sense. Seems like it would be publicized if there were this frequent of problems with multiple employers. A previous employer had ADP too and there was never any issues in my three years there. They were a larger company but still.

The problems started out of nowhere but wasn't that frequent at first. Now it seems to happen one out of every three or four pay cycles. I remember the third time this happened she offered to give everyone a small bonus if it happened again as a way to apologize for everything. But no bonus came and was never brought up again the next time it happened. Also, I remember talking to my boss about this issue after a few times of it happening. I asked her if we could just negotiate a lower fee to pay ADP or just withhold their payment if the issue happens again. She said we don't really pay them but their fees get deducted with our overall payroll withdrawal and those options wouldn't work (?)

Overall, this issue seems to be handled a bit strange..

Old 02-20-2017, 11:24 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,684,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
My guess is ADP isn't paying you because there is no money in the account.

I am sure others will chime in here but excuses about payroll are a smokescreen for serious financial problems.

Payroll problems for a couple of months? ADP doesn't care? What employer keeps a payroll contractor that is not paying employees? Does this make sense?

Is the boss getting paid?

Agree with the above.

Our funds were deposited in our account, but the payroll company was not getting us our paper stubs on payday and my boss raised hell and threatened to go to another company. Now we get our pay stubs two days early

Old 02-20-2017, 11:56 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
I feel like whenever there are payroll problems, it is a signal to look for another job!

Old 02-20-2017, 12:19 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,779,917 times
We have ADP also, but when the hours are messed up, it's the company who does it.

recently, they shorted me 14 hours. I called them out and they explained that the 6 hours was "Moved" to the previous pay period and the other 8 was "Missed"...

When I leave, I'm pondering dropping a dime on them...I'm not the only one who had to fight for their hours to be corrected.

Old 02-20-2017, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
We have ADP also, but when the hours are messed up, it's the company who does it.

recently, they shorted me 14 hours. I called them out and they explained that the 6 hours was "Moved" to the previous pay period and the other 8 was "Missed"...

When I leave, I'm pondering dropping a dime on them...I'm not the only one who had to fight for their hours to be corrected.
Interesting. I'm not hourly, just salaried. So I get paid the same amount every two weeks.

Old 02-20-2017, 12:43 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,913,234 times
Yep have to agree that the business is having money problems. When i worked at the hospital years ago, we knew the county hospital was having money issues when our checks would bounce or no DD. Amazing how the ceo/exects got paid but the little guys got the shaft.

But real deal is they are going broke or somebody in the CFO is not doing their job and transferring money over to the payroll account. Should ask your boss, boss if they got paid on time.. Im sure they did.

Old 02-20-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
Yep have to agree that the business is having money problems. When i worked at the hospital years ago, we knew the county hospital was having money issues when our checks would bounce or no DD. Amazing how the ceo/exects got paid but the little guys got the shaft.

But real deal is they are going broke or somebody in the CFO is not doing their job and transferring money over to the payroll account. Should ask your boss, boss if they got paid on time.. Im sure they did.
There is no CFO at my company. My boss is the founder/owner/CEO/president and she does payroll. I have no idea how she is paid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment