Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 02:33 PM

2,773 posts, read 3,789,532 times

Advertisements

So I'm posting this here as it pertains to both a coworker and circumstances that happened at our place of employment.

OK, so I've got this coworker that has a crazy girlfriend. She is always accusing him of cheating. She came to our job once to check our shared office for a cell phone he is being accused of having. She thought he had a stashed cell phone he used for texting and calling other women with. As far as I know, he is not cheating on her, but hey, what do I know. Not my problem.

So yesterday he tells me his girlfriend hired a private investigator to follow him around. He instead followed me around by mistake. How he screwed that up, I have no idea. He tells me that his girlfriend had received the pictures from the P.I. and they opened them together. They both were shocked to see he followed the wrong person. Apparently, he took pictures of me at work and while I was in my car at the end of our shift. He attempted to follow me home but was not able to.

After he told me this, I said he needs to keep his personal life anywhere else but at work, and that I am pretty pi$$ed this happened. I also notified my supervisor of this as well. Anything else I should do about this? Should I let this go?

Oh, also a bit more information. So his girlfriend also installed software in his cell phone that uploads text and call records directly to her pc. She also contacted most of the people that were sending him text messages. She wanted to know if they were really coworkers or the proof she was looking for that he is cheating on her. I never exchanged text messages with my coworkers, so I never received calls from her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 02:37 PM

2,987 posts, read 5,274,683 times
tell him to dump her...craaaaazy...actually, no, just stay away like you tried. Anyway, I don't know what else you can do here, other than what you did. I think you did the appropriate things.

Old 01-13-2016, 02:38 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,709,064 times
It all sounds like not your problem. Why not leave it at that? They followed you around? So what? That probably won't happen again.

Old 01-13-2016, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
tell him to dump her...craaaaazy...actually, no, just stay away like you tried. Anyway, I don't know what else you can do here, other than what you did. I think you did the appropriate things.
He claims he is going to dump her soon. However, because they have kids together, he is reluctant.

Old 01-13-2016, 02:48 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,538,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredC View Post
So I'm posting this here as it pertains to both a coworker and circumstances that happened at our place of employment.

OK, so I've got this coworker that has a crazy girlfriend. She is always accusing him of cheating. She came to our job once to check our shared office for a cell phone he is being accused of having. She thought he had a stashed cell phone he used for texting and calling other women with. As far as I know, he is not cheating on her, but hey, what do I know. Not my problem.

So yesterday he tells me his girlfriend hired a private investigator to follow him around. He instead followed me around by mistake. How he screwed that up, I have no idea. He tells me that his girlfriend had received the pictures from the P.I. and they opened them together. They both were shocked to see he followed the wrong person. Apparently, he took pictures of me at work and while I was in my car at the end of our shift. He attempted to follow me home but was not able to.

After he told me this, I said he needs to keep his personal life anywhere else but at work, and that I am pretty pi$$ed this happened. I also notified my supervisor of this as well. Anything else I should do about this? Should I let this go?

Oh, also a bit more information. So his girlfriend also installed software in his cell phone that uploads text and call records directly to her pc. She also contacted most of the people that were sending him text messages. She wanted to know if they were really coworkers or the proof she was looking for that he is cheating on her. I never exchanged text messages with my coworkers, so I never received calls from her.
If he uses the cell phone for business related purposes, isn't it illegal for her to install such software?

I would tell him to dump her before he loses his job over her insecurities (unless he really is cheating on her).

Old 01-13-2016, 02:52 PM

3,578 posts, read 2,925,047 times
Stay out of it as best you can, if her actions involve disrupting your work then give an update to your supervisor.

Old 01-13-2016, 04:43 PM

OK so, here's some more drama. Ready?

So today he shows up at work. He proceeds to write down on a pad that his girlfriend slipped a little digital recorder in his pocket and told him he needs to wear it all day, and that it is recording all audio. I can't wait to tell my boss. God I hate this guy.

Old 01-13-2016, 04:55 PM

12,336 posts, read 17,232,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredC View Post
OK so, here's some more drama. Ready?

So today he shows up at work. He proceeds to write down on a pad that his girlfriend slipped a little digital recorder in his pocket and told him he needs to wear it all day, and that it is recording all audio. I can't wait to tell my boss. God I hate this guy.
This is a problem if its recording audio in the workplace. Reason enough to tell the supervisor at this point. She's nuts, He's double nuts for not just trashing that recorder. These 2 belong on the Maury show. Enough is enough,

Old 01-13-2016, 04:58 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,108,933 times
This is some high octane craziness.

Absolutely inform your supervisor of what information you were given. Don't state it is fact, but recount it as what he told you.

This could all be some hideous "prank".

His employer -- via your mutual supervisor -- will (depending on local laws) probably have every reason to fire him on the spot for industrial espionage. If -- and I emphasize If -- he does wear a tape recorder around all day.

Better yet, email this information to your supervisor, so as to keep a record of it.

I am still wondering if in fact you yourself might be the target of some wacko harrassment.

Keep it businesslike, reporting only information as it is told to you, not attesting to it as 'fact', and specifically state that you are reporting it primarily as a matter of security concern for the business.

I don't know whether to wish you Good Luck, or Have Fun. This is highly evolved weirdness for sure.

Old 01-13-2016, 04:58 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,681,704 times
He's as stupid as she is nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment