Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 09:06 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,025,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
OR a writer doing research for a book... How crazy and helpless can I sound before people stop helping me?

Again I like how the Mods here allow threads to run their natural course, many sites delete any posts questioning the person's situation.
lol right? maybe he is a mod who created a super bizarre post just to get us to comment on it... click bait?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 09:08 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,025,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
You still do not get, how serious a problem you created. It falls under sexual transgression. You say you entered women's bathrooms without announcing by forgetting/mistake. There is no way you can prove it was a mistake.

The company can only go by the fact that it happened. It falls under sex laws, and has to be considered sexual voyeurism at it's worst. The company cannot take the chance that you did it on purpose, and must assume you did. They immediately had to separate you from their company for their own self protection, and to avoid law suits and losing their contract to clean the building.

If they are called for a reference for working at another building maintenance job, you can be assured the new potential employer will be warned about you as a potential sexual voyeur. You can just forget reference for that two years when applying for a job of a similar type. As of now, it is time o change your profession.

Quit blaming others for your getting fired. You did it to yourself, and any company big or small would have fired you. Many would have reported you to the police to have you checked out as a sexual deviant. They would do that, to protect themselves from a potential law suite (remember those two women worked for a huge law firm), and to not risk losing their maintenance contract.

You are toast, for the the type of job you have held the past 2 years. No similar company would be willing to take the risk that you are a sexual deviant and that you are a sexual voyeur trying to catch women to get a peek at them.
oohh man.... this thread is like the Twilight Zone

Old 11-22-2015, 09:20 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,351,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I find it strange that with such a long description of your situation that you totally gloss over the actual reason for your firing - it's three paragraphs but I can only infer what happened because you don't come out and say it. You walked in on a woman during your restroom inspection? Plus, someone saw YOU showering?

Anyway, I don't know what to say other than that I think there's something more going on that you're not saying. Which, given the level of your discourse, is even odder and makes it more apparent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Stephenson View Post
Thanks to those who replied so far.

I primarily wrote this to get it off my chest. I was up all last night ( from stress and depression), and decided to write what transpired in hopes of some sort of closure. Thankfully, I just woke up from a small nap, I was finally able to get the sleep I needed!

Yes, I was let go after two ladies wrote a nasty letter about my mistake to the property manager. It was a simple accident/misunderstanding, but they magnified it to sound as though I were the devil incarnate (some people are extremely dramatic). My boss was not a particularly understanding person as he went through a divorce recently.....He has been emotionally unstable since-at certain time laughing/good humor, most other times quick tempered and angry. In his frustration he has lost his temper at many others-including my good friend!

It is clear to me I was the victim of bad circumstances and timing....Had his personal life not been a shambles, my career would not be ruined the way it is now...
Quote:
No, there were apparently two ladies in the restroom at the time of this incident. That is what I gathered from what was read to me. I am under the impression, that it was one letter speaking for both of them.

Regardless of the mistake I made, I believe these woman made a greater one when choosing to act in a vindictive nature. I would never forgive myself, if I had been the cause of someone's self-loathing. I know that it was an accident, yet I cannot forgive myself for being so stupid and ignorant. I had a great job that I loved-it was my life. Now that life is gone....

The world (especially the corporate world) is a very cold and harsh place. A human being's feelings are viewed as utterly inconsequential, when compared to the "almighty dollar"! I wish these woman no ill will,but do hope they come to examine their conscience and consider that they have destroyed an innocent person's life. Despite what most here believe, I can state unequivocally, that my actions that day were not driven by perversion or malice.To be perfectly honest I did not give a second thought until the moment I was fired!

Something even more disconcerting I feel that, termination has placed me in the same league with former employees dismissed for far greater offensives, such as theft. I do not wish, nor feel I deserve to be placed in the same category as a common criminal. I'm sure we have all had one day in our lives, where we just were not totally with it- and yet most would not be fired for having one off day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Add me to the number of posters who dont believe, for a moment, that, with your ability to express yourself, you are a young high-school graduate doing manual labor.

And add me, too, to the number of posters advising you that these women were not acting vindictively by reporting your illegal behavior. The fact that you dont comprehend how serious your action was (if, in fact, this thread isnt merely a joke) is an indication that you're going to have a rough time, not only in a career but also in life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakscsd View Post
Absolutely the same person wrote these two posts. The writing style is just to similar. As well as the frequency of follow-ups, which few people do.

Start by telling us the truth if you really want something cathartic.
Quote:
Yes, I know it was very stupid of me! Not sure where my mind was that day!

As Donald Trump said; "I think the big problem this country has is being politically correct..." I am not saying that I agree with that verbatim, but in the world of political correctness honest hardworking employees are dropping like flies!-Because of extreme political correctness, coupled with an overbearing focus on women's rights! I never intended to violate anyone's privacy, I would be angry if someone had tried to violate the privacy of my mother or grandmother; but that simply was not the case with my situation.

Something of this nature, must be looked at from a case by case perspective. The simple fact that a man made this mistake should not automatically indicate a perverted or twisted mind! It must be said that not all women are angels....I'm sure they have made mistakes before. Yet I am certain the investigative nature would undoubtedly be far less scrupulous where a female is concerned.

Women have many advantages, in the workplace due to the political correct climate of 2015.

I am religious, and attend church weekly. I do not even date, and anyone who knows me would say I am the least likely candidate for the predator list!
Excuse me? YOU walked in on 2 women in the bathroom. They have no advantage here. You made a mistake, not them. Quoting Donald Trump? Really?

Quote:
I was referring to the fact that the ladies word was taken over mine despite my record as an honest and dedicated employee. Upon departing my boss even stated that I was; "One of the hardest working people he had ever known"; this is coming from the same man who fired me.

If you want my honest opinion, my boss was pressured into firing me by upper management. He looked sick upon informing me that I was to be discharged. The property manager (an army veteran) of the building was not very fond of me. Not sure why, but the way he treated other veterans was drastically different from the way he treated me and the other engineers without the military background. He was also the one who threatened to lock me out of the fitness area, after I had been unjustly blamed for people leaving dirty towels on the floor. He tried to build a case against me, because I was an easy scapegoat.

We had several engineers who had been in the Navy,Marines, Army,etc. The property manager would come down to the shop, and "shoot the breeze" with these guys for great lengths (during working hours), while giving little notice to those who did not comprise his veteran group. The best I would get, if I ran into him would be a curt "hey man" while he brushed by. My mentor buddy has shared similar experiences. He was chewed out in an email, for not referring to this man; as Mr._. This man did not represent what a property manager at a class "A" office tower should be.

As you can see, we had many great people (my mentor), but there was unfortunately a "cancer growing on the upper property management". In short they pandered to those who signed the leases, but kicked down the employees who worked hard to keep the building in top shape. I hope the tenants come to see the hypocrisy of this organization.
Did you or did you not walk in to the ladies room unannounced? The boss didn't take their word over yours. They took the truth.

Getting fired sucks. You're young, supposedly, and well spoken. You say you're a hard worker. You'll be fine. Move on.

Old 11-22-2015, 10:02 PM

6,250 posts, read 3,657,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Yes, it absolutely is the same person! Not only do the age, gender, and exact type of work and work location match, the language and thought patterns are exactly the same. It is a very peculiar style too. This other thread was also about a woman colleague he barely knew who he thought had slighted him, and he wanted to report her to her superiors. And in this thread he is somehow blaming the women's movement for getting fired and thinks that his life is destroyed and he must move to avoid the shame. He makes some sweeping statements about himself that raise my red flags. I believe this poster--if telling the truth about both situations--is not just very young and inexperienced but possibly suffers from Aspergers or a similar disorder. I'm sorry to play armchair psychologist, but between the two threads it's apparent that the poster's communication skills and his reactions to people and situations are far outside the norm. He mentioned being religious and not dating; I wonder if that is a cover for an inability to connect socially. He could have exhibited personality traits at work that rubbed people the wrong way in addition to the bathroom and shower incidents.

OP I wish you the best in furthering your career. Lots of people have been fired--it's not the end of the world. And more employers are likely to hire a young man than an older one because they will work for less, learn fast, and funding their retirement is a long way off. I say get as much skills and education as you can but also spend more time around people in non-work situations to improve your social/communication skills (try to get some women friends...they are people too), and don't make mountains out of molehills.

Old 11-22-2015, 11:28 PM

28 posts, read 25,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCguy81 View Post
2 ladies wrote letters? 2 different occasions that you "forgot" to announce yourself entering a ladies restroom?
To be clear, it was one incident. Two ladies were mentioned in the letter of complaint.

I had never before received a reprimand about such an error.

Old 11-23-2015, 02:57 AM

10,157 posts, read 6,582,874 times
You had a "great career" and a future? Geez, you were an entry-level helper and apprentice. The assignment you screwed up was counting bathroom fixtures! I hate to shock you, what with your extensive 2-year work history since graduation and all, but counting bathroom fixtures does not make a "career". You may have been doing some of the other higher-level duties you mentioned, but they were strictly as a helper. You have NO technical skills at this point. You have NO real viable knowledge base on which to build, except a high school diploma. You may be a "hard worker", but hey, so's the guy who cuts my grass.

You can either continue to wallow in drama and slink off to be a grocery clerk, or you can go to a technical school WHILE being a grocery clerk and get the necessary certification. Believe me, I have 1000% respect for people with mechanical aptitude, as I have very little (mine is 98% verbal/written). However, the aptitude has to be coupled with specific training in whatever technical field you choose so that you'll be a good fit for companies. Once you get hired, you can always cross train in other disciplines. It's your choice.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:22 AM

1,799 posts, read 2,404,658 times
OP, your post was not too long and it was very well-written, as another poster said; using paragraphs made it much easuer to read. Your writing skills and your writing style far exceed those of a typical twenty-one-year-old person. They exceed the writing skills of most City Data posters!

You seem quite intelligent and your mistake that led to your termination did not involve incompetence so I think you have a great shot at resuming your career. I think you should pursue an associate's degree at your local community college in plumbing/pipe fitting. This way you can get credentialed and perhaps make useful contacts that will help you gain future employment. I've only read about two of the replies in this thread so forgive me if this advice is redundant. Good luck!

Old 11-23-2015, 07:34 AM

2,704 posts, read 2,789,392 times
Quote:
Yes, I know it was very stupid of me! Not sure where my mind was that day!

As Donald Trump said; "I think the big problem this country has is being politically correct..." I am not saying that I agree with that verbatim, but in the world of political correctness honest hardworking employees are dropping like flies!-Because of extreme political correctness, coupled with an overbearing focus on women's rights! I never intended to violate anyone's privacy, I would be angry if someone had tried to violate the privacy of my mother or grandmother; but that simply was not the case with my situation.

Something of this nature, must be looked at from a case by case perspective. The simple fact that a man made this mistake should not automatically indicate a perverted or twisted mind! It must be said that not all women are angels....I'm sure they have made mistakes before. Yet I am certain the investigative nature would undoubtedly be far less scrupulous where a female is concerned.

Women have many advantages, in the workplace due to the political correct climate of 2015.

I am religious, and attend church weekly. I do not even date, and anyone who knows me would say I am the least likely candidate for the predator list!
Okay....that has nothing to do with what I just mentioned and you don't sound very sincere.

Old 11-23-2015, 12:05 PM

90 posts, read 104,888 times
Walk away! Start someplace else where you can be a valued employee. Maybe one of the tenants will be a reference.
You are young .. it didn't ruin your "life". Don't let it.

Old 11-23-2015, 12:31 PM

28 posts, read 25,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
OP, your post was not too long and it was very well-written, as another poster said; using paragraphs made it much easuer to read. Your writing skills and your writing style far exceed those of a typical twenty-one-year-old person. They exceed the writing skills of most City Data posters!

You seem quite intelligent and your mistake that led to your termination did not involve incompetence so I think you have a great shot at resuming your career. I think you should pursue an associate's degree at your local community college in plumbing/pipe fitting. This way you can get credentialed and perhaps make useful contacts that will help you gain future employment. I've only read about two of the replies in this thread so forgive me if this advice is redundant. Good luck!
Thanks for your kind words & advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment