Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 10:42 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,395,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTWflyer View Post
This...its not necessarily the person is indecisive, its the political landscape and the consensus required. No is empowered to make decisions anymore, which is extremely frustrating when you need a quick decision and it has to run its course through the bureaucracy.
I call that a LOAD of BS!

Those in upper management have the luxury of "sharing" the responsibility of decision making, and deferring a decision until a "consensus" has been reached.

However, in my field, lower echelon supervisors are expected to make split second decisions which continuously assure ZERO accidents and high productivity. How ironic.

Thanks for your input and precise observation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 10:52 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,395,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
Yes, I have very much noticed this. Can't get a decision out these folks for anything. Everything has to be studied. Each study has to have multiple alternatives. Then each alternative get's discussed to death in a meeting. Which then requires an additional study on each alternative, with three alternatives to each of the original alternatives ...

I'm still old school and will make decisions. Which scares my bosses to death. Thing is, it doesn't have anything to do with PC gone wild, or even the Kumbaya atmosphere. No, they are just plain scared silly of making a mistake. Any decision involves risk and they are unwilling to take the risk they are being paid the big bucks for.

Oh my! You have clearly and exactly stated my point!

When did this all begin? I swear, it seems like such a recent phenomenon. I'd say this all must've started some 6 to 8 years ago. People in positions of influence and authority, paid obscene amounts of money, yet unable, unwilling, and scared sh_itless of making a decision without looking to someone else for help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment