Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 06:20 PM

906 posts, read 712,910 times

Advertisements

Idk, stole or maybe "gifted themselves".

So, Im at work today, making my rounds, and apparently I dropped my wallet. I was unaware I had done so until I was on my way to buy something. Thinking I had left it in my car, I casually mentioned to my supervisor that my wallet was missing. It turns out one of my coworkers had found it and had turned it in. I get back my wallet and everything is there, except for the $12 I had in it. Apparently the drivers license didnt look like me, and they didn't read the name on it, as they didn't realize it was mine. Thats their story, anyhow. I mention to my supervisor that it was unfair that my money was still missing.

I go to the coworker that found it and ask if there was money in it when he found it. He says there was a couple dollars in it. I ask if he gave the wallet to the supervisor with the money in it, he says he did. I just said "wow, theyre just going to steal from me?" and I walk away. Then I went back to work and have been acting like nothing happened.

Idk, at least I have my wallet.

What would you do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2015, 06:24 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,336,386 times
Nothing. It's $12, you'll never prove who took it since multiple people handled it before it got back to you.

Since this is where you work and you'd be accusing your fellow co-workers that could make for a difficult atmosphere for you. Just be thankful you got it back and don't have to replace all of your id and credit cards.

Old 10-21-2015, 06:39 PM

22,599 posts, read 47,707,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumisgood View Post

What would you do?
Be grateful I have my wallet back.

That is all you CAN do.
You have zero proof that anyone in particular took anything.

Old 10-21-2015, 06:51 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,450,396 times
Be glad you got the wallet back! Next time be more careful, only loosing $12 is cheap lesson learned.

Old 10-21-2015, 06:54 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,927,606 times
$12 is not worth thinking about. Move on with your life and be more careful.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:31 PM

What? Its not the money, its the principle. Its not that they took the money, its that they took.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:35 PM

22,599 posts, read 47,707,443 times
Again, you have no proof who took anything.
Principle will get you nowhere.

Take better care of your wallet.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:40 PM

29,523 posts, read 22,674,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumisgood View Post
What? Its not the money, its the principle. Its not that they took the money, its that they took.
I agree with you.

If only life were as simple as people make it out to be.

Forget about it. Move on already. No big deal.

Yes, sometimes that is the only option.

But in cases like these, it's not the amount, it's the principle of the thing. Co-workers are people you trust, not someone that takes money out of your wallet under the guise of being a good samaritan.

Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do, but at the same time, it is understandable to be bitter about it.

Now you can't trust your supervisor or the co-worker. Not much I can say, maybe think about moving to another department or another job before you get too bitter about it?

Old 10-21-2015, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Again, you have no proof who took anything.
Principle will get you nowhere.

Take better care of your wallet.
Its not about proof..its about trust

Old 10-21-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Now you can't trust your supervisor or the co-worker. Not much I can say, maybe think about moving to another department or another job before you get too bitter about it?
Someone who gets it. Like now, I cant really trust the people involved in other situations, and these are people I work with on a near daily basis. Im not lamenting losing the $12, rather losing the trust in people I previously did.

And it always comes back to bite them, now when someone asks me to vouch for so and so, I cant do so in good faith. Like, why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment