Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 10:40 PM

596 posts, read 627,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
yes... it generally pays off to be a pleasant coworker... neither of you sounded like either made an effort at it... and in the end, you "were" disrepectful, it doesn't matter that you dont like her or if she was disrespectful as well, i dont feel she was just from how you described it, you should have been professional about it

the tumor could cause mood swings just from the anxiety... but you didnt report it when you found out. you treated it like it wasnt a problem to work, dont go using it as an excuse now, it wont help. Could have asked for another task that didnt put you in a spot to deal with a lot of people until you werent anxious.

sorry, i just dont really like cashiers much that dont know/learn about job politics. the ones that do move up the ladder, the ones that dont end up stuck there and eventually become unpleasant to deal with even as a customer.

my advice is use this as a chance to learn how to deal with people you dont like but have to work with. and not try to find a way to avoid it. all you've said is on how to find excuses for your actions to me, that doesnt get looked upon highly.
What crap to say, some cashiers are hard workers and if their disposition is off it's because the customers come into their lines with atrocious attitudes and have snarky, belittling attitude about them.

How are you even giving advice on people skills if you can make such gross generalizations???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2015, 02:39 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,545,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMorena View Post
What crap to say, some cashiers are hard workers and if their disposition is off it's because the customers come into their lines with atrocious attitudes and have snarky, belittling attitude about them.

How are you even giving advice on people skills if you can make such gross generalizations???
They are very out of touch. Probably don't work in retail price customer service, and if they do, they're in out of touch upper management.

Old 08-03-2015, 07:55 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times
The only one out of touch here is you. You'll figure it out soon enough.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:36 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Sorry, I think this is not at all about customers/customer service. This is about a co-worker who got offended over something trivial and who would have reported it regardless of whether or not it had anything to do with customers in any way.
OP don't sweat it if it's just one write up, it's not worth making a fuss or getting a bad rep over.

I have a team member like this, and I got a warning for pretty much the same thing, being disrespectful to them. I was told 'They are sensitive, you need to treat them differently than other people and be careful of what you say and how you say it", which I basically interpreted as 'They are a ticking bomb so we want to take steps to prove we take the complaint seriously' But you know what they say about karma, this employee has made the same complaint on nearly everyone they have had to work directly with. to the point it's become a joke. Co workers are reluctant to say anything to them for fear of it being taken the wrong way and getting reported yet again.
Maybe your situation is similar, maybe not, but having been in the middle of something just as petty I am inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:53 AM

2,702 posts, read 2,764,850 times
Honestly, I would have ignored her.

Old 08-04-2015, 05:42 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,545,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Sorry, I think this is not at all about customers/customer service. This is about a co-worker who got offended over something trivial and who would have reported it regardless of whether or not it had anything to do with customers in any way.
OP don't sweat it if it's just one write up, it's not worth making a fuss or getting a bad rep over.

I have a team member like this, and I got a warning for pretty much the same thing, being disrespectful to them. I was told 'They are sensitive, you need to treat them differently than other people and be careful of what you say and how you say it", which I basically interpreted as 'They are a ticking bomb so we want to take steps to prove we take the complaint seriously' But you know what they say about karma, this employee has made the same complaint on nearly everyone they have had to work directly with. to the point it's become a joke. Co workers are reluctant to say anything to them for fear of it being taken the wrong way and getting reported yet again.
Maybe your situation is similar, maybe not, but having been in the middle of something just as petty I am inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt.
This is how I feel and IDK how others can't see it. It had nothing to do with guests and had no impact on them. Most of us other coworkers and supervisor/coworkers conversations can be pretty trashy. I feel like she got offended over nothing and in turn the higher manager didn't like me supposedly offending one of her favorites.

Old 08-04-2015, 06:06 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,762,441 times
With the medical problem you say you had, it is very possible you really don't understand yourself how you came across to her. When a person has that severe of a medical problem, there body and mind are under pressure, and they will do and say things differently than they would at normal times.

You may not know how you you acted that day, as you may have been completely different that you would have been under normal conditions.

If you want to be a bigger person, go to the manager that wrote you up, and tell them you really do not know what you did that day, as you now know the medical condition had you out of normal control, and apologize for anything you may have done and if you did it, it was not the real you talking, as you now know you were a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. Who knows they may pull the write-up, or make a notion on it that it was caused by a serious medical problem that was not diagnosed till 3 days later. A way to get you a fresh start.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:47 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
This is how I feel and IDK how others can't see it.
Maybe because the rest of us are mature adults.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment