Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 07:38 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,269,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM2500YO View Post
ND has lowest Unemp. rate. SD is second. Enough Said.

Yeah, nothing more to be said since their populations are insignificant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 12:41 AM

106 posts, read 166,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Yeah, nothing more to be said since their populations are insignificant.
is that right? thats why people are Flooding here from every single state? Did u do any research or are u just ranting? There are tooooo many out of state plates in ND. read:

Oil boom brings high-paying jobs to North Dakota - Sep. 28, 2011

North Dakota: No Minimum Wage Needed For High-Paying Jobs | The Daily Caller

Learn something. Even mcdonalds entry level jobs pay $20 here. And those are low-end jobs. Learn before u generalize.

Old 03-01-2015, 03:20 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,269,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM2500YO View Post
is that right? thats why people are Flooding here from every single state? Did u do any research or are u just ranting? There are tooooo many out of state plates in ND. read:

Oil boom brings high-paying jobs to North Dakota - Sep. 28, 2011

North Dakota: No Minimum Wage Needed For High-Paying Jobs | The Daily Caller

Learn something. Even mcdonalds entry level jobs pay $20 here. And those are low-end jobs. Learn before u generalize.
The populations are still insignificant, even with the boom.The entire population of ND is less than a medium size city even in the most recent estimates.

Old 03-01-2015, 08:42 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,250,783 times
What is the worst place to make a living in America?

Any place one has to work under a egotistical micro-manager.

Old 03-01-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
The populations are still insignificant, even with the boom.The entire population of ND is less than a medium size city even in the most recent estimates.
I Know that. We are a low population state. But still an excellent job market. Anyone can go to Williston and get a job flipping burgers for $20 per Hour. And those are the entry-level jobs. Work in the oilfields, get $30-40. There is Money here to be made. Thats why me and my wife moved here. We don't regret it 1 bit.

Old 03-01-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
What is the worst place to make a living in America?

Any place one has to work under a egotistical micro-manager.
^This.

Old 03-01-2015, 03:51 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,057,498 times
Originally Posted by timberline742
Ram2500YO"I Know that. We are a low population state. But still an excellent job market. Anyone can go to Williston and get a job flipping burgers for $20 per Hour."

Limit of 6 new citizens, though, folks, as that drop in the unemployment rate, given the sparse population, didn't amount to many more employed than that! LOL!

We're talking about states where the "Big City" , Sioux Falls, has just 25% the population of Nashville, which is just a mid level population center.

Old 03-01-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Originally Posted by timberline742
Ram2500YO"I Know that. We are a low population state. But still an excellent job market. Anyone can go to Williston and get a job flipping burgers for $20 per Hour."

Limit of 6 new citizens, though, folks, as that drop in the unemployment rate, given the sparse population, didn't amount to many more employed than that! LOL!

We're talking about states where the "Big City" , Sioux Falls, has just 25% the population of Nashville, which is just a mid level population center.
ND is a very low population state, and low population density. I like it that way. But there's such a shortage of workers that many companies (including where i worked) had to resort to temp agencies, who contracted to bring in workers from places like Wisconsin, because they simply couldn't fill all those jobs. Also, they had to resort to bringing in H2B-Visa guest workers, from Mexico (legally, of course), because of the worker's shortage. Drive around in Williston, and there are more out of state plates than ND license plates! I relocated here permanently for job reasons, and it worked out perfectly for my wife and I. Literally ANYBODY who comes here can get a job in 1 Week, Or less. Some companies are so desperate for workers that they pay Relocation Expenses. There is not a business without a hiring sign. Really, amazing. Thats why i moved here from NY. Yes, the whole population of ND is less than that of the county i lived in NY, haha. Peace, And quiet. Beautiful Things!

Old 03-01-2015, 04:59 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,057,498 times
A .2% reduction in unemployment in a high pop state impacts more people than a 2% reduction in states with pops under a million.

Old 03-01-2015, 05:08 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,856,580 times
The worst by far would have to be East St. Louis.

I wouldn't go in there with a tank. Say what you will about Detroit but how many mayors were assassinated? People in the midwest have stories about this place. To everyone it is the other side of the tracks. You don't cross that river from st louis.

About 5 years before Family Vacation was released, like the Griswolds I cluelessly decided to get off in E. St. Louis for gas one night on my way to KC. Big mistake. Huge. I laughed my ass off in the theater because my experience was pretty much the same as depicted in the movie. Fortunately I was driving a POS so no one wanted parts. That's a rough place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment