Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 11:23 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,314,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastguyz View Post
You majored in philosophy and you are lacking critical thinking here. What evidence do you have that these people are fake and don't like their jobs? There are people who win the lottery and still go into work every day at their old jobs, why is that? Because they enjoy it.

You aren't saying how you feel, you are ranting about it like a psychotic episode it, there is a difference.

So what is your solution? What job do you want to have where you will be happy? You never want to see the inside of an office, is that your goal? There are plenty of careers like that. Tell us which one you want, what is ideal for you?
I'm not sure if majored in philosophy is a joke or not. I'll assume it is. Anyways, I would have no clue what would be ideal for me and I'm not even in a position to pursue another career. I know these people are fake because in an office setting everyone has the same persona...it drives me nuts...its like nails on a chalk board except I can't make it stop, instead I have to join in or be ostracized. I'm tired of it and im only in my 20s. Don't even get me started on the power hungry people...Good Lord.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:23 AM

101 posts, read 141,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.2089 View Post
I am fortunate enough to figure this out in my 20s instead of my 40s where I would be more likely to become a disgruntled employee and go on some type of rampage...although the thought has passed my mind occasionally.
Get help. Lots of hatred in your writing and to top it off you made a borderline threat towards your co- workers.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:26 AM

3,657 posts, read 3,296,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeo123 View Post
I like threads like this. It's fun watching people complain about how miserable their lives are, blaming the system, and then say how they don't want to do it anymore but have no plan. The problem isn't the "system" it's your own lack of a plan that led to you in a job you hate.

OP if you're really that against it, figure out what to do with your life instead and do that. It's not that complicated. Whining like a little kid when you're 25 isn't going to do anything for you. Welcome to the real world. No one cares about you.
I have to say, this has changed my opinion about homeless shelters. Maybe they are just full of people like the OP who have contempt for working and prefer to live off the kindness of others.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:30 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,674,926 times
Quote:
I'm not sure if majored in philosophy is a joke or not. I'll assume it is. Anyways, I would have no clue what would be ideal for me and I'm not even in a position to pursue another career. I know these people are fake because in an office setting everyone has the same persona...it drives me nuts...its like nails on a chalk board except I can't make it stop, instead I have to join in or be ostracized. I'm tired of it and im only in my 20s. Don't even get me started on the power hungry people...Good Lord.
See if you can telecommute..

I have had an office job for the past 10 or so years and although I didn't loathe it as much as you obviously do, I did not enjoy it very much. I kept applying for new jobs within my company and eventually got a job that allows me to telecommute.. same company, i just get to stay home now. I do come in the office at least once a month so that my access badge is not turned off.

I will add this, 95% of any job is attitude and yours stinks to say the least... I don't think you will ever be content with any job until you change your attitude.. IMHO!

Old 12-10-2014, 11:32 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,938,645 times
Sheesh you've got a long life ahead of you with this anger and mentality.

Does it really anger you THAT much that the work you do is making someone else rich? Sure... it is... but that rich person is also providing you a salary so you can eat, live under a roof, and pay the bills... and hopefully one day earn you enough to retire.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:35 AM

6,475 posts, read 7,817,714 times
Quote:
Once I've saved up enough cash I'm quitting this office BS, shredding my diploma, and never looking back.
Me too!

I bolded the important part.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeo123 View Post
I like threads like this. It's fun watching people complain about how miserable their lives are, blaming the system, and then say how they don't want to do it anymore but have no plan. The problem isn't the "system" it's your own lack of a plan that led to you in a job you hate.

OP if you're really that against it, figure out what to do with your life instead and do that. It's not that complicated. Whining like a little kid when you're 25 isn't going to do anything for you. Welcome to the real world. No one cares about you.

I'm not blaming the "system" and I'm not whining. You don't think I haven't thought what I wanted to do? Well I have and guess what I don't know. No one cares? Yeah I figured that out a long time ago. So you're intended blunt advice is falling on deaf ears, sir.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:36 AM

3,657 posts, read 3,296,475 times
Quote:
That's not a joke, philosophy teaches critical thinking. Many people who are pre-law get a degree in philosophy. Power hungry? You have a distorted view of reality here. Your description is like some science fiction post apocalyptic world. That is not the case.

Thinking can be done for free. You don't need to be in any position to do anything, your thoughts are free. You should be able to set your mind on what you want to do instead of what you don't want to do.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurangers11 View Post
Sheesh you've got a long life ahead of you with this anger and mentality.

Does it really anger you THAT much that the work you do is making someone else rich? Sure... it is... but that rich person is also providing you a salary so you can eat, live under a roof, and pay the bills... and hopefully one day earn you enough to retire.
Lol thats all I'm working for? To pay bills and retire big F'ing whoop. Pass.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena777 View Post
Ooookay...
Glad you agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment