Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 08:05 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,553,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenann1022 View Post
I have been working in a dentist office for the last 7 1/2yrs. I have witnessed almost everyday my boss (who owns his own dentist office) going into his computer, changing cash codes to paid and taking thousands of dollars out of the cash drawer so it's undetectable on deposit slips. I have personally witnessed a patient coming in and paying $2300.00 in cash for his son's ortho and no sooner did he walk out the door the Dr. came right up and took the cash, made his adjustments in the computer and was $2300.00 richer without paying taxes on it. I don't know who to contact. Everyone in the office knows that he takes the money and the receptionist and us assistants have had this conversations hundreds of times that she won't take the fall for him if he's ever caught. I just lost my job and I'm glad..It's time he gets his..After watching him not only steal money but cross contaminate people, charge people for surgical extractions that did not happen, it makes me sick..The last 2 years have been horrible and something needs done. I was afraid for my job but now there is nothing stopping me. Who do I contact to get this started and no I never wrote to many of these incidents down just a few but I know the receptionist will crack if put under pressure and everyone has witnessed this for a very long time( two of these women are truly christians and would not lie if ever ask questions. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
He's the owner. How do you know whether he puts it on his taxes or not?

My husband owns his business and he uses the cash till all the time, he also gets cash payments, but he notates it and tells his accountant. It is his salary because he doesn't get a paycheck every week like the other employees.

Mind your own business and go find a job somewhere where you won't have to watch somebody make more money than you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior12 View Post
You're, um - let me put this delicately - wrong. Very wrong.

It's his business, he can do what he wants with the finances. By changing the payment type on the patient transaction, he still shows revenue (which his business will pay taxes on where appropriate) and he essentially collects his profit (you know, what you operate a business for) in cash.

That's not embezzlement.

I'll echo the poster above, if you believe there were sanitary and public safety violations, you should have brought those to the appropriate authorities as soon as you saw them. Although, I doubt you actually have a clue what was happening anyway.
Exactly! Some people just don't have a clue how a business is run.

Old 11-26-2014, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
A first time post with all the drama thrown in...

"embezzlement" (which it is not)
disgruntled fired employee
improper medical techniques
religion

.... the only thing missing is a clandestine relationship!
Maybe that's why she got fired! Remember, the other two women were Christians, she didn't say she was. LOL

Old 11-26-2014, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk31088 View Post
No worries!

I just got a new phone and the stupid virtual keyboard buttons are smaller. Not a favorite of mine either.
How are either of you doing it on your phones? You must have great eyesight!

Old 11-26-2014, 08:26 AM

1,063 posts, read 1,375,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenann1022 View Post
I have been working in a dentist office for the last 7 1/2yrs. I have witnessed almost everyday my boss (who owns his own dentist office) going into his computer, changing cash codes to paid and taking thousands of dollars out of the cash drawer so it's undetectable on deposit slips. I have personally witnessed a patient coming in and paying $2300.00 in cash for his son's ortho and no sooner did he walk out the door the Dr. came right up and took the cash, made his adjustments in the computer and was $2300.00 richer without paying taxes on it. I don't know who to contact. Everyone in the office knows that he takes the money and the receptionist and us assistants have had this conversations hundreds of times that she won't take the fall for him if he's ever caught. I just lost my job and I'm glad..It's time he gets his..After watching him not only steal money but cross contaminate people, charge people for surgical extractions that did not happen, it makes me sick..The last 2 years have been horrible and something needs done. I was afraid for my job but now there is nothing stopping me. Who do I contact to get this started and no I never wrote to many of these incidents down just a few but I know the receptionist will crack if put under pressure and everyone has witnessed this for a very long time( two of these women are truly christians and would not lie if ever ask questions. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
So you were complicit until it came time for you to lose your job? Little bit of a mixed bag of righteousness there.

I'd move on. You're just as guilty.

Old 11-26-2014, 08:39 AM

16,287 posts, read 32,514,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
You don't. Hiding income = evading taxes. Feel free to turn him in to the IRS fraud hotline -- you might get a cash reward if the take is high enough for the IRS to make it worth rewarding:

1-800-829-0433

How Do You Report Suspected Tax Fraud Activity?
No one knows that any taxes were evaded. The OP can feel free to turn him in but that does not mean anything wrong happened.

Old 11-26-2014, 09:06 AM

17,424 posts, read 12,069,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk31088 View Post
Honestly? I don't think you're any better than the dentist. You were just fine with him endangering people's LIVES (cross contamination) as long as you had a paycheck coming in. Now that (i'm guessing) you were FIRED, it's time for you to seek vengeance.
And you're perfectly fine being the cause of other employees probably losing their jobs.

Old 11-26-2014, 09:12 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,825,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MItoBH View Post
This dude needs to be reported to the American Dental Association (same people who stamp approve your toothpaste and chewing gum), and the insurance companies that are being billed falsely.

he'll loose his license and will have to pay taxes on that money, as well as reimburse the insurance companies.
How do you know insurance companies are being billed falsely? We really know nothing of the sort.
How do you know he is also not reporting the money and paying taxes?

How will having a loose license affect anything? Loose or tight, it's a license.

Old 11-26-2014, 09:14 AM

2,283 posts, read 3,876,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
How are either of you doing it on your phones? You must have great eyesight!
The eyesight hasn't gone yet!

Old 11-26-2014, 12:25 PM

12,021 posts, read 11,695,567 times
He's only changing the payment codes. Under the assumption he's paying taxes on revenue recognized on a cash basis, he's made himself liable for taxes on receipts that he's flagged as paid. It doesn't sound dishonest. If it were the other way around, his accountant would catch it when he matches the paper invoices with the electronic system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment