Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2014, 05:41 PM

55 posts, read 83,090 times

Advertisements

Our new Food and Beverage manager hasn't done a very good job with scheduling hours for his very small staff (2 full timers and 1 part timer)/ He seems to be scheduling myself and the other full timer around the NEW part timers desired hours and it's causing alot of conflict , to the point of me having some loud conversations with him.And he says he really doesn't care how we like or don't like it!
I am not very smooth at talking without showing how unfair I think this is. Any suggestions on how I can convey how good fair scheduling is good for all concerned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 05:52 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,887,733 times
I hate to say it, but scheduling is his prerogative and he has already straight-up told you that he does not care to consider your input into the situation. I don't think there is any magic way to re-state your concerns that will bend him to your will.

Do the two of you have a good relationship with the part-time employee? The only thing I can think of to try after you have been shot down by the boss would be to ask the favored employee to intervene on your behalves. Surely he or she does not enjoy being the target of your collective scorn. Could he or she suggest that you all collaborate to come up with a schedule that works for everyone? Or perhaps just rotate coveted shifts equally?

And if that is not possible or doesn't lead to any changes...well...there is a reason for the saying "people don't leave jobs, they leave bosses."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment