Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 09:40 PM

867 posts, read 1,589,917 times

Advertisements

I work for a software company, and like most offices, there are lots of cliques but one in particular makes the rules. If you are in this clique, you may get promoted or get special treatment. If you're not in this clique, you'll probably get ignored.

I have heard from several people that the 2 HR ladies, who are in the clique, will talk about people that they don't like or respect. They actually call the workers the "vultures". They save the best baseball tickets for the people they like and the rest of us, well we're lucky if we even know about the baseball game tickets. Sometimes they will just tell the receptionist, who in the company is pregnant or who bought a house. Things that receptionist doesn't really care about and often wonders why they are telling personal stuff like that to her.

I happened to have ruffled their feathers when they did something to me that wasn't right, and I made it known. Now they barely speak to me.

We are a subsidiary of a larger financial company. I have been thinking of reporting the HR women to the corporate office. I don't want them to loose their jobs, I just want them to start acting professionally. I was thinking that if they were investigated, they may start acting more fair to everyone.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Or if I should handle it another way, please let me know.

Thank you,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 09:45 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,694,915 times
You are complaining about baseball tickets and gossips.

If it bothers you that much, look for another job. Otherwise, keep your head down and keep working. Last I checked, HR doesn't have a hand in how you do your job once you're hired - that's between you and your manager.

Old 08-08-2014, 09:49 PM

469 posts, read 638,048 times
Why get involved in all that mess. Just go about your business and forget them.

Old 08-08-2014, 09:51 PM

867 posts, read 1,589,917 times
I'm worried that they are telling peoples secrets. What's to stop them from telling someone what I make? I don't trust them and I want them to stop saying things that are personal to other people in their clique.

Old 08-08-2014, 09:57 PM

469 posts, read 638,048 times
They are going to do what they do whether you report them or not. You may end up looking like a trouble maker yourself and the whole thing could backfire on you.

Old 08-08-2014, 10:01 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,694,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygirl15 View Post
I'm worried that they are telling peoples secrets. What's to stop them from telling someone what I make? I don't trust them and I want them to stop saying things that are personal to other people in their clique.
again, so what? That is their problem. Eventually management will come down on them if it gets out of hand. Don't get involved.

Old 08-08-2014, 10:08 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,325,114 times
I'm with the others. Don't get involved.

There is NOTHING good in this for you if escalate it. If it's as bad as you say, they'll get rumbled eventually.

Old 08-08-2014, 10:29 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,886,755 times
I'm with everyone who says to drop it.

Who cares if other people know how much you make? In my company that info to the penny every month anyway. If you have private "secrets" that you want to keep to yourself...keep them to yourself, and don't tell these ladies. If the secretary doesn't want to hear about people's pregnancies or real estate transactions it is up to her to casually redirect the conversation with an, "I'm sorry, I'm in the middle of ____. If you have something we need to discuss can we set up a meeting for 4 PM?"

Old 08-09-2014, 12:15 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,645,764 times
I refer to this as the evil cabal. The worst thing one can do is try to go up against the evil cabal that exists nearly everywhere, in an attempt to right some injustice. The evil cabal gets away with it because they can.

And here is the truth about the evil cabal. They rarely include C-level's, VP's or Directors, who are too busy doing their work to participate in this crap, but are usually manager level and below. Their targets are other managers and below, not upper level management. And I'm very sorry to say this, and will probably get some heat for it, but in general, the evil cabal consists mostly of women.

They get away with it because they excel at being sneaky and phony. They play a good game, kiss all the right butts, snow those in positions of more power, and laugh about that later with their fellow cabal members. They have upper management fooled because they exhibit professional, generous attitudes when people who count are around. When they think nobody else is watching, they revert to who they really are, are nasty and punitive and unrelenting in whatever their goal of the moment is.

I first noticed this over 30 years ago when the thin walls of my office allowed me to hear the plotting and gossiping that went on, and I have been watching out for it ever since. They get away with nothing with me. I don't believe anything they tell me and when I have to work with any of them, or my staff has to, every exchange is documented and I am on them like white on rice. I call them on ALL of their sh*t because I can. And in return, they leave my team alone because they're afraid of me.

I wish people like this were born with an automatic alarm system that went off every time they engaged in their garbage. It would be easier for companies to identify them and get rid of the toxic waste that they are.

Old 08-09-2014, 05:20 PM

336 posts, read 590,607 times
Are they breaching confidentiality when information is supposed to be kept secret?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment