Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2014, 12:31 AM

5 posts, read 3,523 times

Advertisements

[LEFT][LEFT]Hi friends and folks,

I am 30+years Female.
[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT][LEFT] English is my second language. Graduated from University in 2005 major in markrting. It has been 8 years after graduated.[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT][LEFT]I have got a 3 years old girl. And I live with my partner.

within 8 years, full time work 3.5 years and part time work 3.5 years ,about 1 year unemployed ,looking for work.
[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT][LEFT]
After graduated , I had 1.5 years administration work experience in a language school( school was closed in 2007,very low pay want to move to a job with more skills and higher future pay and more potential.)

2 years experience as an teller in a bank.( being laid off in 2010 in the financial crisis. )(very busy, like the customer services and financial part ,like International money transfer etc,part and finally sick of the sales part)

3 years experience as an duty manager in a small company(part time)(while study ,doing a translation course, enjoy the environment, colleagues, but low pay and not a skilled job) .

I met university school mate last week and I felt really depressed. Feel I am a loser.(should not go actually, good to see them ,but felt strange)

most of people now earn around 50k-60k( working as an account or small business), 80k-130k(IT, software), 80K-100k( own small business)

I am currently earning 10k(part time job)+15k freelance income, shame.

8 years, always low salary , entry level work. There is no stable work. experienced laid off and restructure.

I am currently doing some freelance translation work part timely, the work amount has been increased recently.

I am thinking looking for another part time job (about 20-30hrs) to support my translation business.

I think I confused you .( my direction is not always clear, maybe this is the reason why I am not successful)

I am in the process of setting up a small translation business, but my current part time job (12 hours ) pay is not enough to support my translation business spending and daily spending .

[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT][LEFT] I need 20-30 hours more work.

[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT][LEFT]Even just a part time 20-30hours work, but it still accumulates [/LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT][LEFT]Work experience.

If the translation business is not successful, these work experience still count.
[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT][LEFT]May I get some advice?

[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT][LEFT]1 in which field I can find a job?

[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT][LEFT]Administration (I had experience. But low hourly pay,[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT][LEFT]Not consider a skilled work.)

[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT][LEFT]Accounting ( I helped my boss chased some debit, and pay supplier, not much ,my main job is customer service and administration. May I apply for accounts payable or receivable job? I had no experience on this part. But these job got higher hourly pay. And I consider it is a skilled job?

[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT][LEFT]Marketing (learn how to marketing for my own small business?)

[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT][LEFT]Is there a business mentor or organisation that can help new- start business? ( I am in NZ, but if there is an online business mentor organisation, I can keep Email contact to them.)

[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT][LEFT]Is there a career mentor or organisation there somewhere?[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT][LEFT]I feel that I am like crazy and tired blind person need someone’s advice for workplace/career. Is there any good suggestion?

[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT][LEFT]I am planning to study make website, make apps,I want to combine website/apps and translation together, how do you feel about my direction?

[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT][LEFT]I am not sure where I can learn that part time? After work? online course?

[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT][LEFT]From set up a business to successfully running it, take years’ time, energy and money. I am ready to contribute. Just wonder,[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT][LEFT]If you could give me some advice.

[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT][LEFT]I am not smart and successful, but I hope I can bring a better life for my kid and family. [/LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT][LEFT]Last week, I passed a store , I found I could not even afford to buy a beautiful dress. I brought a little dress for my kids in another store. Very beautiful one, she can have a better life, I will be her good model. [/LEFT]
[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 09:14 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,650,256 times
This post is almost impossible to read. I don't know if you tried to change the font before posting or what, but when it posted and you saw this mess, you should have done major editing.

Based on what I was able to get through, half of your working years were at part time jobs. You aren't going to advance in your career or salary working a part time job.

You mention you have a young child. If your child is your priority and that's why you're working part time vs full time, then good for you. You are investing in your child instead of a career. That isn't the choice everyone makes, but if it's the choice you want to make, then make it and stay focused on that instead of the income other people are making in their full time jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment