Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2014, 12:59 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,691,740 times

Advertisements

I applied for my dream job this past weekend, and the job was posted in the beginning of May. As of right now, my job status is: Under Consideration. When I click for more detail it says your resume is currently being reviewed. It has been this status for the past 3 days.

The site they use is Taleo for your information. Should I assume for the worst?

Thanks in advance everyone.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 01:04 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,807,339 times
I have had my resume under consideration for weeks if not months without hearing from them.
And then to see the position marked as "Closed".

Old 05-16-2014, 01:26 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,520,307 times
At my company that uses taleo it means you made it through computer screening and a human is now reviewing. It will take as long as that human wants.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:37 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,959,482 times
Keep it moving. If it happens it happens but keep looking.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:57 PM

182 posts, read 476,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosane View Post
I applied for my dream job this past weekend, and the job was posted in the beginning of May. As of right now, my job status is: Under Consideration. When I click for more detail it says your resume is currently being reviewed. It has been this status for the past 3 days.

I would move on... I don't let job status get me excited anymore, the only thing that gets me excited now is a call for an interview or a job offer. The following phrases used to excited me (but not anymore):

"Application Referred To Hiring Manager/Selecting Official"

"You are among the best qualified candidates referred to the selected official"

"Hiring List"

"Reviewing Qualifications"

Old 05-17-2014, 09:31 AM

7,237 posts, read 12,737,180 times
Quote:

Well...I applied for a position back in late April and the Job Status still says "Open" (even though the listing was taken down nearly 4 weeks ago). I haven't heard back from the employer one way or another yet either.

So I would assume the best. At least they're updating the status of their job postings and acknowledging you still exist, for now.

Old 05-17-2014, 10:05 AM
mcq

337 posts, read 672,680 times
It's hard to assume too much from the status listed. Like others said, you can be 'under consideration', 'considering', etc for weeks or months depending upon the company's usage of the application. Sometimes they are good about keeping statuses updated, other times, you are in limbo until the position is closed. Many of them hide the status field altogether. You just never know.

Old 05-17-2014, 08:18 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,691,740 times
Thanks everyone for the information. I just checked the status and it is still the same, and I imagine it will be for a long time to come.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:33 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Thanks everyone for the information. I just checked the status and it is still the same, and I imagine it will be for a long time to come.
I would try to avoid applications connected to Taleo and see if you can apply to jobs that require you to directly email your resume and cover letter. Sites like

1. Idealist
2. Careerbuilder
3. Craigslist

Old 05-19-2014, 12:52 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,019,975 times
Taleo is a company that manages online job postings for different companies. What you are seeing means exactly nothing other than they acknowledge receipt of your application.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment