Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ?
Cat 33 76.74%
Dog 10 23.26%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 11:18 AM

7,032 posts, read 14,482,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
The OP seems to know nothing about cats.
Then answer the question based on your superior knowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 11:20 AM

18,077 posts, read 15,664,302 times
My previous director (thank goodness I'm no longer there) would lie to my face over and over. Big huge lies. Sociopath, cheating the company, which they actually seem to support because when alerted to his unethical behavior, they backed him.

Me, when it comes to employers I know the score. My cat doesn't lie to me. My dog lied occasionally, like pretending she had to go outside and go potty but then veering into the kitchen and hoping for a treat. But she was no sociopath.

I guess I'm more like a cat to my employers. I know I am only there until they decide I need to be euthanized....errrr....laid off. And I take nothing for granted.

Old 05-03-2014, 11:22 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,033,677 times
A loaded question, IMHO, since as somebody who's spent a decent amount of time with cats, they still love their owners, though they just aren't always as obvious about it as a dog. Still, I've seen plenty of cats follow their owners around like puppies and obviously miss them when they aren't around.

As for loyalty, since corporate American considers humans resources to be used up and discarded, I don't see any reason to show them a scrap of loyalty.

Old 05-03-2014, 11:34 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,128,778 times
Generally, dogs are eager to please while cats are a bit more aloof.
Both rely on their owners for sustenance and miss them when they aren't around.
Dogs and cats will whine incessantly if their owners don't come around and will attache themselves to new owners readily.

That being said, I'm a cat employee.

Old 05-03-2014, 01:46 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
Where did you get the idea that cats are any less loyal than dogs? Your premise is flawed based on your lack of knowledge of cat behavior.

My cats are not disloyal, they are not aloof, they don't leave me alone, they greet me at the door, they follow me around the house, and they play fetch.

Any more silly questions?

Old 05-03-2014, 01:51 PM

7,032 posts, read 14,482,104 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Where did you get the idea that cats are any less loyal than dogs? Your premise is flawed based on your lack of knowledge of cat behavior.

My cats are not disloyal, they are not aloof, they don't leave me alone, they greet me at the door, they follow me around the house, and they play fetch.

Any more silly questions?
Incomplete

Old 05-03-2014, 02:40 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Guess I'd be like the cat. My employer has my loyalty as long as they meet the terms of their contract with me, treat me fairly and allow me to work like the professional I am. When they stop doing that, it's time to look for another job. Over my long years as an employee, I was screwed over too many times by employers looking out for their own short term interests to look at it any other way. I figure, maintain a good work ethic, meet the terms of your contract with your employee and do your best- basically because your own work ethic and integrity requires that you do this, and other than that, look out for your own interests...

I'm retired now ( except for the contract work I do basically on my own terms), so I'm out of that ratrace, but I figure this is the only way to survive in the workforce.

Old 05-03-2014, 03:47 PM

266 posts, read 285,657 times
Quote:
Symbolically, do you treat your employer the way ... a dog treats its owner, at least when it comes to Loyalty?
These are the kind of employees who get transferred to the field office at A Nice Farm in the Country.

Old 05-03-2014, 05:04 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,320,358 times
I think it's ethical to be loyal to your employer. Not being loyal would include spending time on fb or c-d while on the clock or taking personal calls all day long instead of break time. Not being loyal would be giving less than 100% effort on the task you've been given. I just do the job with God as my boss and my earthly employer has no complaints.

Old 05-03-2014, 05:49 PM

6,345 posts, read 8,118,908 times
There is no option for this:
https://www.google.com/search?q=cat+...w=1440&bih=809
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment