Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 03:30 PM

23 posts, read 79,947 times

Advertisements

at the full time job I was waiting on line to clock out, a girl was standing behind me and stepped on my sneaker by mistake and apologized, but then with her hand she grabbed my butt. It was between a pinch and a grab. She said sorry and I just said " Okay" while knowing perfectly well she intended to do that. So now I have mixed feelings about reporting her. I want to. I'm not attracted to her in the first place and even if I was it would still be strange. I didn't give this girl permission to do that. She violated my body. I'm a guy, yes, but still. I feel I have to report her or she might report me. What if she wasn't satisfied with how I responded because I didn't respond back and would lie to the manager that I did it? She's a mother. Why the hell is she doing what she is doing? If she has a husband or boyfriend, does that mean she cheated on him with me? Even if she is single, she has a child, she should know better. You don't do that, touching people's body parts just because you feel like it. That's the part I hate. Who does she think she is to touch my body like that? Am I her sex toy? Am I there to pleasure her when she feels like it? Like I'm her sex slave who won't fight back? The bad part about reporting her is that everyone will find out about it and they will talk behind my back. If it's something this big I am 100% sure people will find out. People know each other's personal business at the job. They know why someone got fired. They know about everyone's romantic life, etc... I fear people will start calling me gay. But I'm not. I never had a girlfriend. I am 29. But still, I don't want to be treated with disrespect by having a girl I know nothing about grab me like that. If I did it, I would get arrested I'm sure or at least fired from the job. So why does she think she can get away with it? Just because she's a girl?

Old 10-09-2013, 03:41 PM

8,278 posts, read 8,675,688 times
You have to be kidding. I doubt if she pleasured herself by grabbing your butt. You are not her sex toy. If this post is true you might want to look into therapy. Too many questions over a probably innocent butt grab.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:45 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,307,619 times
Ask her what her intentions were when she grabbed your behind.
One behind grab does not equal being a "sex toy".
When it happened you should have asked her why she touched you without your permission.
If she reported you after the incident you would already know that you had been reported.
Just because she is a Mother does not mean she does not enjoy grabbing a behind.
She did not cheat on anyone with a butt grab, that is your imigination running amok just like it is with the rest of your post and numberous questions about a 3 second or less butt grab (in your opinion) incident.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:45 PM

30,392 posts, read 52,001,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
You have to be kidding. I doubt if she pleasured herself by grabbing your butt. You are not her sex toy. If this post is true you might want to look into therapy. Too many questions over a probably innocent butt grab.
Would you say the same if the genders were reversed?

Even as a woman myself, I am not a fan of this kind of double standard... if the OP felt uncomfortable, and it was what they consider inappropriate work behavior, then it probably should be at least mentioned to a supervisor. Was this a colleague?

(that being said, I don't think a butt grab qualifies as cheating - LOL)

Old 10-09-2013, 03:51 PM

595 posts, read 2,704,714 times
Before reporting her, perhaps talking to her would be the first line of defense? If the roles were reversed and it were me, it would have been handled right then and there. Regardless, I think you should firmly tell her that it was unwanted and that you don't expect it will happen again.

763 posts, read 2,606,735 times
OP: You are reading WAY more into this than the situation deserves. If this is indeed a genuine post and not a troll, my suggestion to you would be IGNORE THE "BUTT GRAB." It was probably an innocent brush by her hand and in no way meant as a sexual overture.

13,520 posts, read 22,156,924 times
Did you tell her that her action is unwanted and ask her to stop? If it happens again, then I'd report it.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:52 PM

2,633 posts, read 6,403,779 times
First. You don't say "okay" at the time and then jump online and ***** about it. You check her right there - unacceptable behavior.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:55 PM

45,501 posts, read 60,718,893 times
You're 29 and never had a girlfriend. You likely exude "up tight" from every pore. You do so on-line so I can only imagine it in person.

Possibilities:
1) Accident. She'd already hit your shoe. It sounds like your colleagues need training on "how to stand in line while waiting to punch in/out".
2) Flirting. Maybe. Her "having a child" has absolutely nothing to do with it. Childbirth doesn't mean the woman Moderator cut: snip becomes a nun.
3) A dare. To gauge your reaction. Probably because you've let others know about the "I'm 29 and.........." thing. This is the most likely.

Last edited by 7G9C4J2; 10-10-2013 at 10:49 AM.. Reason: removed inappropriate phrase

Old 10-09-2013, 03:59 PM

241 posts, read 246,309 times
Report her, and if she gets fired, oh well. You are right, if the shoe was on the other foot, you would be canned, her boyfriend would come brain you or worse you would be on the ground with cuffs. Maybe we will start to see a big trend of women sexual predators too. I believe in equal rights, and yours were violated;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment