Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2013, 01:51 PM

2 posts, read 7,388 times

Advertisements

I am a recently fired employee because I was looking for another job. I started looking for another job because of the way she treated me and other employees. I couldn't take the verbal and mental abuse any more. I was her supervisor so I got the brunt of it. When she first found out that I was looking she said to stop or she would fire me on the spot the next time. But when I filed for unemployment she made up all kinds of stuff like stealing hours, supplies and said that I had three other wright ups...(which I did not ). I worked with her for 11 1/2 years. I started with her when it was just me and her only and during that time the company crew to any where from 6 to 12 employees. I also have recent email from her before she fired me telling me what a great employee I was.
I know she is not giving me a good reference now or then, because I have had jobs fall through at the last minute with no explanation why ( They wouldn't tell me why). I know my fight in unemployment court is going to be a hard one because she is really good at lying. I know this because I have sat next to her in unemployment court before. Ohh...When I confronted her when she was being very disrespectful or being abusive to employees her favorite quote was....(This is my company and I will say or treat my employees any way I wont and know one is going to tell me I can't).
Also when filing for unemployment I found out that she had not paid into UIA for all of 2012 and up to my fire date. This just show how dishonest she really is.
So please when you call for a reference and they have nothing but bad things to say, Please remember there is always two sides. The employers side is not always the truth.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 08:58 AM

163 posts, read 502,759 times
Unemployment exists for the employee, not the businesses. Your former boss may try to weasel her way out of unemployment but that doesn't mean she's going to succeed.

I have known a number of people who have been fired, the employer claims that it was justified and tries to fight but loses and the employee gets to keep UI. If you have a recent email from her claiming you're a great employee, then make sure you show that to the UI office. Also, if you know of previous employees who can validate how she is, bring them to court with you. I was fired from a job twenty something years ago and my boss tried to fight UI. All I had to do was bring the guy who had the job before I did (I was promoted and replaced him) to shed some light on the situation. It was priceless to see the look on my former boss's face when he saw my predecessor at the court hearing.

As for the reference. You can sue your former employer, if she is lying to prospective employers about you. I would go to the labor board if I were you to file a complaint. They might be able to intervene and have her sign documentation that states that she will not give you a negative reference. 11 years is a long time....

Old 08-20-2013, 09:02 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,438,836 times
You need to either have a reference investigator or friend call her and notorize what she is saying. If she says something demonstably false you may have grounds for a lawsuit. At the very least you can send a cease and desist letter ordering her to stop or you will sue (copy HR and her boss as well) and most times businesses will back off because they gain nothing by slandering you but could end up spending a lot of money defending and potentially losing or settling a lawsuit.

The fact she made false claims in unemployment hearings could also be used against her in court as she has a history of purjuring herself and slandering you.

That email is priceless definately hold on to it.

It is kind of stupid that she is fighting your unemployment claim while inhibiting your ability to get a new job. If you got the job the unemployment would not be an issue. She obviously has a serious personality disorder.

Last edited by MSchemist80; 08-20-2013 at 09:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment