Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 01:00 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,096,353 times

Advertisements

List the things you are not that crazy about at your job which is not that big of a deal and has nothing to do with the people you work with or your daily job duties?

My list

1. Outdated Internet service.......Internet Explorer

2. No soda machine

3. No paper towels in the bathroom

4. Phone has no caller id

5. Air condition in my office is uncontrollable

LOL, ok your turn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 01:10 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,750,845 times
Hmm... So basically stuff about the building itself, or the location?

1. Parking - If I get in later than usual, I wind up having to park kind of far from my office or wind up circling and circling the lot, waiting for someone to leave. (Good motivation to make it in early though!)

2. Coffee - I don't like the particular roast stocked in the coffee machines.

3. Bathrooms - automatic flush toilets have sensors that are a bit too sensitive. They like to flush when I'm...er.. not done yet.

4. No ice machine in the break room.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:15 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,459,597 times
No window
Old equipment with very limited budget.
I love it a lot better than my last job who will buy $200k analytical equipment with service contract or anything desired but give healthcare to their chemists and pay them market rates heck no. They would have treated me better if I was a piece of equipment.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:20 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,687 posts, read 81,455,155 times
We do have to walk a block to the parking garage, but it's free and has plenty of spaces

Our computer system could be faster.

Our AC is set to 70 and I would prefer 68.

The free coffee is not the greatest.

Sometimes there will be Seagull droppings on my water view window and they are not cleaned very often.

Sometimes we have to wait as much as 10 minutes for a train to go by before we can cross the street to get to the parking garage.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:26 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,096,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
Hmm... So basically stuff about the building itself, or the location?

1. Parking - If I get in later than usual, I wind up having to park kind of far from my office or wind up circling and circling the lot, waiting for someone to leave. (Good motivation to make it in early though!)

2. Coffee - I don't like the particular roast stocked in the coffee machines.

3. Bathrooms - automatic flush toilets have sensors that are a bit too sensitive. They like to flush when I'm...er.. not done yet.

4. No ice machine in the break room.

Yes, the building and location itself

Old 07-25-2013, 01:29 PM

27,670 posts, read 28,766,428 times
"Love" and "work" don't belong in the same sentence.

"Hate" and "work" do.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:31 PM

9,887 posts, read 14,166,766 times
My only "complaint" is that it's an hour and a half from my home. Other than that, no gripes.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:38 PM

455 posts, read 899,632 times
- Cleaning crew always puts the toilet paper roll on backwards.

- Driving out of the parking lot and taking a left is a pain with traffic.

- Sitting down all day is making me fat.

- Fully stocked refrigerator filled with free sodas is making me fatter.

- Surfing the internet all day is making me sleepy.

Other than that, yea, I love my job. I used to slave away in hot factories all day, with welding slag burning my body. Now I am the network guru at a software company, so my complaints are completely insignificant.

*sits back and kicks off shoes*

Ahhhhh....

Old 07-25-2013, 01:45 PM

15,878 posts, read 21,483,435 times
Pay is low for an already low paying industry. Upper management is a bit of a cluster. We're located in one of the highest COL areas in the country, with a very small outpost in the MOST expensive part of the country.

Begrudgingly looking for other work simply because of the pay situation, though I do get a lot of benefits (free classes, flex time in the summer, business casual work environment). All of the perks and absolute love and passion for my job don't pay the bills, though.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:59 PM

1,651 posts, read 2,788,872 times
- I spend most of my time working in a lab where the temp is generally around 66. I take a coat with me in the summer, and don't usually take my coat off in the winter.

- The cluster of buildings where I work is deemed to be our 'cool' buildings, so we often have groups of people touring it, or visiting head honchos from other companies, or events just outside the door. This means lots of gawkers when you're just trying to get from point A to point B. As an obvious 'local', sometimes you feel like an exhibit yourself because you're part of the scenery.

- The only places close by to eat are always packed. I would love a quiet, crappy cafeteria or something, but I can never get away from the crowds.

- the parking garage is 4 stories, but there's always a hundred people circling right inside the entrance. I have to navigate through them to get to the empty two bottom floors, and most of them are not watching out for anything except a potential spot. The number of close calls is something that I'm numb to after all this time.

- Each kitchen area has a fridge smaller than the one in my apartment - you gotta get there early to squeeze your lunch in there. No one steals lunches because to remove one bag is to bring the rest of the contents tumbling down!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment