Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2013, 08:50 AM

210 posts, read 394,075 times

Advertisements

Three weeks ago, I started a new job and was terminated on the 4th day for making a silly repeated mistake. Details and what the mistake was does not matter to explain my current situation. I let my boss know at the store that I work at that I was starting a new job training and that I didn't know how long it would last, which was a lie. I knew they would keep me permanently and was going to give my 2 weeks notice at the retail store job. The retail store then cut my hours because they knew I was working 40 hours a week at this new job. I never told my current boss that my job training was done (because I was fired) and he most probably thinks I'm still at this job.

I've began job searching again. I don't know how long it will take til I find a new job, but I thought it would be a good idea to not let my boss know that I finished the training I told him about 3 weeks ago, so I can leave room open in case I start a new job training. I think it would be awkward and unprofessional to tell him I finished it, and then a little while later tell him about another job training when I find something else. I'm sure he'll start getting the idea that I'll be quitting the job soon. Not only that, but I think I can get in trouble that I never let him know that I was no longer in the new job training.

What do you guys think I should do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 08:57 AM

23,550 posts, read 24,057,818 times
You should have never told your current boss about any other job training, job hunting, etc. Less is more, in your case.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:17 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,140,376 times
Tell your current boss you are available to work 40 hours a week. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:01 AM

1,412 posts, read 4,486,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life7 View Post
Three weeks ago, I started a new job and was terminated on the 4th day for making a silly repeated mistake. Details and what the mistake was does not matter to explain my current situation. I let my boss know at the store that I work at that I was starting a new job training and that I didn't know how long it would last, which was a lie. I knew they would keep me permanently and was going to give my 2 weeks notice at the retail store job. The retail store then cut my hours because they knew I was working 40 hours a week at this new job. I never told my current boss that my job training was done (because I was fired) and he most probably thinks I'm still at this job.

I've began job searching again. I don't know how long it will take til I find a new job, but I thought it would be a good idea to not let my boss know that I finished the training I told him about 3 weeks ago, so I can leave room open in case I start a new job training. I think it would be awkward and unprofessional to tell him I finished it, and then a little while later tell him about another job training when I find something else. I'm sure he'll start getting the idea that I'll be quitting the job soon. Not only that, but I think I can get in trouble that I never let him know that I was no longer in the new job training.

What do you guys think I should do?
You can let your boss know it was not a good job and you realized how good you have it here. It does not matter if it is true, but he/she may eat it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment