Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 11:12 PM

810 posts, read 1,763,494 times

Advertisements

I knew it was coming Lithia thinks they are so sly and I am a idiot. They hired a 3rd receptionist (who they had me train), and when I came in today the GM and the OM were in the office and they used the "I made a mistake on a job - which btw the way 4 people do and they couldn't prove it was me).
All of my problems started when I brought it to their attention I was sexually harassed by a co-worker and suddenly everything I did was wrong - and they did nothing about the sexual harassment except start coming down on me.
I'm nervous with the job market being not so great, hopefully a tide me over job will come up. I actually feel relieved that I do not have to deal with the drama. I have a interview tomorrow morning and I am crossing my fingers that things go well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 11:15 PM

653 posts, read 1,803,209 times
Oh man, sorry to hear that.

Best of luck to ya tomorrow. Go get 'em!

Old 09-18-2012, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
Oh man, sorry to hear that.

Best of luck to ya tomorrow. Go get 'em!
Thank you very much!! It's a blessing in disguise that place is nothing except worthless drama (from my understanding all dealerships are that way, but then again what should I have expected coming from Car salesmen who lie to everyone. I actually walked into a sales meeting where the manager told his sales team "Just tell the customers whatever they want to hear, lie to them it's not your problem when something goes wrong."

Old 09-18-2012, 11:32 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,685,783 times
On MOnday, you march yourslf down to EEOC and file a complaint for sexual harrasment and retaliation.. (I know many will tell you its a waste of time, but I read all the time about settelments for avarege Joes and Janes over similar issues). Next you head to unemplyment and file based on being fired as retaliation for reporting sexual harasment. They will ask if yuo filed with EEOC and you can answer yes which makes everything the employer says to them going forward suspect.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:37 PM

2,622 posts, read 3,150,883 times
I am sure sorry for your troubles with this. I've seen people backstabbed for complaining about anything, not just harassment. Sad thing, I saw a guy kicked off a construction site because a woman said he yelled something at her as he drove by. I know that did not happen because I knew the guy well. He barely talked to his friends, never said more than "good morning" to the office women nearby.

At any rate, I have told my daughter to never be afraid to kick a guy in the crotch if he comes on to her in any wrong way. I don't know how if that would be an option for you. If so, it could work better than having to convince the boss. The perp may look foolish to go to boss & say "that girl kicked me". A guy who harasses women usually has too much ego to admit that one got the best of him. A punch in the stomach is effective too. Stomach punch and crotch kick also leave no marks or bruises in most cases. Harder to prove.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:37 PM

571 posts, read 1,201,378 times
^^YES^^

Best of luck on your interview!

Old 09-18-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
On MOnday, you march yourslf down to EEOC and file a complaint for sexual harrasment and retaliation.. (I know many will tell you its a waste of time, but I read all the time about settelments for avarege Joes and Janes over similar issues). Next you head to unemplyment and file based on being fired as retaliation for reporting sexual harasment. They will ask if yuo filed with EEOC and you can answer yes which makes everything the employer says to them going forward suspect.
Thank you very much that is great advice. I am already taking them to the labor board because they do not let you take a break during your shift, and I am making sure that disability knows that there is a lack of any handicap access or a elevator for the second story.
The sad thing is because of my prior job, and the fact that I was part time I still receive a portion of my unemployment, I actually made almost $2 more an hour so I have that. I took the job because of the "having to have a job to get a job"I am scared that my unemployment will be cancelled for being fired I need to make that phone call tomorrow.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:43 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,150,886 times
Sorry to hear about your situation. I think PacificFlights gave some excellent advice. Best of luck on your interview!

Old 09-18-2012, 11:56 PM

Thank you Angelcake, Pacificflights, and quantum. Jmell I agree with you. You are bringing up your little girl.

Old 09-19-2012, 07:11 AM

12,108 posts, read 23,289,909 times
As stated above, if you feel you were fired in retaliation for a sexual harassment complaint you made, you need to follow up with the state (and possibly an atty who deals with workplace issues).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment