Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2012, 10:38 PM

640 posts, read 1,215,880 times

Advertisements

I don't really see how you can call yourself an EOE employer either if you are giving jobs to friends and relatives. My definition of EO for example at a company like stop and shop means everybody has the same chance, no matter if they are related or not. But alas that's not how it is. I don't have a problem with dressing up nice for an interview, I did that for my last job and got the job. What I do have a problem with is stuff like multiple interviews, and expecting someone to have experience and references for a menial job that nobody can possibly live on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 10:44 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,406,789 times
At what point have I ever said I gave a job to a friend and relative? I dare you to find that post. IF I hire, or recommend someone for a position, I am NOT the decision maker on the job. Professional integrity is what that is called.

Feel free to sit at home, as I will always expect my applicants to have a resume, experience, and care about the interview. Feel free to not attend multiple interviews, but how is your attitude working (or not working as it is) for you?

I have no problem seeing why you are unemployed. Maybe you should have a friend or family member read what you write back to you. If you are not embarrassed, well, have them keep reading until you are.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:53 PM

This probably puts your hiring process to shame, haha. No frills, no BS. Just how it should be.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:56 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,406,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silenthelpreturns View Post
This probably puts your hiring process to shame, haha. No frills, no BS. Just how it should be.
No, It is for blue collar workers. My process gives me qualified candidates with an enviable retention.

So, did you apply and get the job?

Wait for it...........

I knew there would be reasons this one was not good enough for you........

Old 07-30-2012, 11:00 PM

Once I get my car in a month or 2 I will mobilize my job hunt. I got my learners permit friday and I'm happy about that. First time and I aced the test. 25/25. It feels good to keep being productive. My vocrehab counselor will pay for my drivers ed.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:03 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,697,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
Really? Unless you are applying for a retail job in a trendy fashion store, not a single employee is wearing jeans and a t-shirt. So, even by your own example, showing up to apply dressed that way would make you not ready to start "right now".
who said anything about a fashion store? Im talking about blood, sweat, and tears blue collar work. Lumber yards, sheet metal, landscaping, cattle hands, whatever. But all im seeing on all these threads talking about how they wont hire anyone that doesnt come to the interview wearing Armani or a reasonable facsimile. And my last long duration job, the uniform was jeans and tshirt. Im beginning to think this is a white collar only website.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:27 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,195,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
Look. An excuse.

People without cars take the bus, fyi
While I agree with your ideas here... buses aren't an available method of transportation in many areas.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:26 AM

644 posts, read 1,146,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
While I agree with your ideas here... buses aren't an available method of transportation in many areas.
It's definitely not an option here in SC. If they take public transportation then it's a taxi. I know some who do that, but they lose more money than anything if they had their own car. That's why some just invest their money in a car.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:31 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,105,242 times
Why is a labor agency asking for a driver's license?

Years ago all you needed was

pair of work boots
pair of work gloves
Photo ID
SSN Cars

and you were sent out on a assigment if you showed up with all the above at 6am in the morning

Old 07-31-2012, 12:34 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,697,634 times
how does one pay the $1.50 bus fare when they dont have a job? Even if they just got a job, they still wont get a paycheck for at least 2 weeks. So how will they get bus fare in the meantime? Borrow money from a friend or relative? Oh yeah, that super rich friend or relative we all have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment