Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2012, 11:46 AM

3,276 posts, read 7,870,513 times

Advertisements

Management should only have the "I approve" option and they can only make positive comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 12:00 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,319,657 times
In addition to salary, there should be a commission equaling the percentage represented by post-to-rep ratio if reps are higher than post count. Also, there should be a year-end bonus for every star earned in the calendar year.

Yeah. That's the ticket.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:13 PM

12,336 posts, read 17,232,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
In addition to salary, there should be a commission equaling the percentage represented by post-to-rep ratio if reps are higher than post count. Also, there should be a year-end bonus for every star earned in the calendar year.

Yeah. That's the ticket.
Agreed. Effort and merit. Those who put in 100%, Have excellent attendance and customer/client feedback (If applicable.) Those of us in the workforce I am sure know of people who keep their jobs while doing the bare minimum.

Old 06-02-2012, 01:30 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,736,659 times
Does that mean comments left in rep points count as well?

At my old workplace, we had '360' reviews where we all anonymously reviewed each other instead of having our supervisor do it. Considering the boss had software on all the computers that took screenshots every 2 minutes and saved it on the server, nothing was anonymous unless we did it at home in our own time, so we could NEVER say anything negative about the boss because he would find out and punish us.

Regardless, just to see if this was true, me and one of my coworkers decided to mess around on each others reviews.... on mine he wrote 'has an overinflated sense of self importance' and on his I wrote 'Makes wanted sexual advancements'.

Needless to say, we were sat down and talked to. So much for anonymity

Old 06-02-2012, 02:31 PM

143 posts, read 379,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
Management should only have the "I approve" option and they can only make positive comments.
But either way, I can still chime in and tell you your ideas are terrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment